Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.23 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
05-16-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
(05-16-2014 11:20 AM)Gazmanafc Wrote:  I'm even considering on using Yuna because of the programming Energy Ray has, the computer AI generally doesn't try to avoid it, useful for Feral Chaos, though even on larger fields such as Dream's End and the Lunar Subterrane it's quite useful, and I believe it's quite useful for sending The Emperor's annoying Flare balls back at him.
A clarification: Energy Ray does not reflect Emperor's Flare. Mega Flare and the claw swipe of Hellfire at very close range do reflect it.

(05-16-2014 03:59 PM)1Timestones Wrote:  Mine are around 58ish currently. I think Terra is my lowest at 13. Cuz her HP attack at low level are terrible, especially with how I like to play. The Twister attack she has I can't ever get to hit my foe, like when I was fighting Kekfa in SM. He had 1 point for like 15 minutes, while flagged him down, and tried using it. When I would try Flood, he would simply bash me in the face with a hunk of ice.

I like to dlibrately get close to that Flare attack, wait for him to get close, then use an HP attack that hit's it and him. That he has taken a 2000+ damage from me, and his own points. It's funny when he has 9999, charges, and tries it in your face, a simple Crosslsash ought to do the trick. He's dead. Though when the game decides I'm too good, death for no reason. What? I have just killed over a few times. Normally fighting the Emporer. He does no attack. He stands still for about ten secs, then I die, with health higher than 10000.

Favourite assist = Jecht he pounds, and gives you a chance to run up to your foe, and then you both pound!
I remember the pain of leveling up low-level Warriors of Cosmos. Often it's easier to land a chase HP than an actual HP attack. I forget how I got through Kefka in Terra's story, though Flood works at longer range (if he can interrupt you with the ice you're closer to Tornado range).

Timestones, I hate to be that person, but was the Emperor standing stock still or was he floating with his staff twirling above his head? If the latter, he's charging Starfall, which will always hit and wall-rush, even if you assist change, unless you are under cover or inside a banish trap when it lands. The only good defense is charging him and hitting him out of it. 9999 Starfall->EX burst could kill from 13000. But you generally know what got you, since "Starfall" pops up on the screen again (it's handled as two separate attacks) and a meteorite falls on your head with a big flash.

The timing of reflecting Flare at very close range can be a little finicky. I've eaten my own Flare a few times when I messed up the timing, and if there is one attack an Emperor player learns to reflect it's Flare.

Jecht is a really good assist if you want your opponent on the ground (e.g.the Emperor). I'd say Kuja works a little better with most characters since he doesn't need a large flat area.

Also the last gateway in the storyline only has 5 floors and you sound like you're past Chasm in the Rotting Land, so I'm not sure where you are.

Make sure you have equipment! Your equipment is as important as your level, so if you're going in totally unequipped you will get wrecked.

There was a bug in JPCSP that some characters would take almost forever to recover from Break then recover to 9999. I can't say I've seen that bug in any recent version of PPSSPP.

0/4 similarity to my core party at that point (Firion, Emperor, Terra, Yuna), interesting. Although now my core party is Firion/Emperor/Warrior of Light/Golbez/Terra.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Dissidia 012 offset bug - solidforger - 09-27-2013, 03:44 PM
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - Sarisa81 - 05-16-2014 10:54 PM
Hi guys :3 - jassyqueen25 - 06-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Duodecim DLC wont work - shambashrine - 05-02-2015, 03:41 PM
PPSSPP 1.0.1 issues - KainArkanos - 06-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Dissidia 012 Crashes in Same Spot - fooGwa - 02-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Dissidia 012 - asianjam - 03-14-2016, 01:43 PM