Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.23 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
12-28-2014, 10:52 AM
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
(12-28-2014 07:27 AM)cybercjt Wrote:  
(12-27-2014 03:42 PM)akimikage Wrote:  Yeah, it wasn't a big slowdown. I just didn't notice that the resolution was left to auto 1:1 so it was running on a higher res that's why I edited it out Big Grin

Anyways, did the crashing stop ? The crashing completely stopped for me.

is this new bug on latest build? Undecided

The crashing ? I don't know but the random crashes seems to be an old problem with what I've read here. I have the official 9.9.1 build and Duodecim always crashes randomly so I tried a build with both DX 9 and openGL renderer and I discovered that changing the renderer to DX 9 will completely eliminate the random crashes. There's a graphics bug when changing the rendering mode to non-buffered (speedhack) though so I leave it at buffered rendering

Athlon x4 635 @3.5
660 OC 2GB
4GB DDR3 @7-7-7-20
Gamers cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain something of equal value must be lost that is gaming world's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days, I really believed that would be the world's one and only truth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2014, 10:55 AM
For me it was really random crashes and somewhat rare, i could play several days without a single one, and suddenly get a crash , and when trying to reproduce when doing the same thing, no crash happened again.

So far i have not crashed once since switching to DX9 , but as the crashes were really random and not really often, i'll have to play for a few more days to see how it goes. Hopefully it's good.
12-28-2014, 10:57 AM
@Trokinos
What build are you using then ? coz the official 9.9.1 build always crashes duodecim for me

Athlon x4 635 @3.5
660 OC 2GB
4GB DDR3 @7-7-7-20
Gamers cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain something of equal value must be lost that is gaming world's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days, I really believed that would be the world's one and only truth.
12-28-2014, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2014 01:22 PM by Trokinos.)
I'm using a recent version from buildbot, i have never tried that game on "stable" 0.9.9.1
01-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Seems the game has not crashed once to me in a few more days of playing with DX9
But then i switched to OpenGL again, and after a couple of days, not a single crash either (playing with a recent buildbot) .

So i'm not sure if whatever was the source of those random crashes is fixed, or if it was just a question of being lucky and not running into what could crash again.

Anyways, if you experience bad music/sounds effects, just set the frameskip to 1 and sounds/musics should not have any problem.
01-04-2015, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 01:20 PM by Trokinos.)
Hello, i ran into something very strange using 0.9.9.1 1288 g2423fa5 on win32 with the european version of Dissidia 012 .

I just completed the story of scenario 012 and unlocked the story of scenario 013.

I started it , customised the Warrior of Light that is the 013 main character of the first chapter with items from my inventory and started the chapter.

After the short video with the Warrior of Light waking up , a white screen with a window message from PPSSPP (not from the game) that content was some cryptic :
Quote:not loaded and not simple

I clicked on OK to continue and the game resumed play.

I decided to quit PPSSPP and relaunched it, and that didn't happened again, after the cutscene the screen goes white then resume play but the bizzare "not loaded and not simple." message does not appear again.
01-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Hmm, that's a jit bug. Try updating to the latest git build. If you can find a way to reproduce, it would be very helpful.

-[Unknown]
01-05-2015, 10:28 AM
just started playing USA version on a samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition using 0.9.9.1. i noticed this weird double screen thing during cutscenes. anyone know what's wrong or if there's a setting i should change?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-05-2015, 12:02 PM
(01-04-2015 02:36 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Hmm, that's a jit bug. Try updating to the latest git build. If you can find a way to reproduce, it would be very helpful.

-[Unknown]

Hello, i got another one (will try a new buildbot version), just after pressing X to start a battle in a gateways with the character Cloud vs a manikin.

But this time the message was different and i could screenshot it , PPSSPP crashed a few seconds after it :
[Image: 1ceIPkW.jpg]

I made a save state just before (as since the last bug i do a save state just before every battle) but when i reloaded that state, this bug didn't appeared, making it hard to find a way to reproduce unfortunately.
01-05-2015, 03:18 PM
(01-05-2015 10:28 AM)strife325 Wrote:  just started playing USA version on a samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition using 0.9.9.1. i noticed this weird double screen thing during cutscenes. anyone know what's wrong or if there's a setting i should change?

Try the latest git build. Does this happen even at 1x render resolution? Are you using "disable slow framebuffer effects" or any other speed settings?

(01-05-2015 12:02 PM)Trokinos Wrote:  Hello, i got another one (will try a new buildbot version), just after pressing X to start a battle in a gateways with the character Cloud vs a manikin.

But this time the message was different and i could screenshot it , PPSSPP crashed a few seconds after it :
[Image: 1ceIPkW.jpg]

I made a save state just before (as since the last bug i do a save state just before every battle) but when i reloaded that state, this bug didn't appeared, making it hard to find a way to reproduce unfortunately.

Hmm, we just fixed a bug that might've caused this recently, definitely try the latest git build.

-[Unknown]
01-05-2015, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 01:02 AM by strife325.)
(01-05-2015 03:18 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Try the latest git build. Does this happen even at 1x render resolution? Are you using "disable slow framebuffer effects" or any other speed settings?

Haven't tried the latest git build yet but yes, it still happens at 1x render resolution. But ticking off disable slow effects fixed the problem (but with a some slowdown from 30FPS to 15) Smile
01-15-2015, 08:16 AM
v0.9.9.1-1494 is best build for me with default settings ,no random crash on battle , sometimes crash when open shop.
- 1496 & 1498 random crash on battle.
i am using windows 8.1 32bit.
02-12-2015, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 06:56 PM by vnctdj.)
Hi guys, this is my first post here. I downloaded the PPSSPP emulator recently to play this amazing game, Dissidia. Also downloaded Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (HUGE KH fan here<3).

I learned about the rewards you can get from Dissidia Prologus (Aerith as a support, chocobo colognues etc) so I downloaded Prologus too and now I'm on 100% in accomplishments.

I'm having an issue though. I have save data on both but when I try to transfer the Prologus data I get a message saying "there is no data".

Can someone please help me? Sorry if this has been already answered before.

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
02-19-2015, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2015 01:30 AM by Trokinos.)
Hello, i just ran into a crash.

I was playing the Tidus story from the (unlocked when you complete 012) 013 , the whole Tidus episode so it was a long play.
In the last "dungeon" , i was battling one of the manikins , after a few attacks, from close i launched another one and PPSSP froze/crashed.

I took a screenshot of the log at the time of the error

I had fortunately made a save state from before the battle, after relaunching PPSSPP and loading that save state i could replay the battle without any problem.
Hmm, reminds me of those freeze/crash on MHFU that do not freeze/crash when you replay what crashed.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-19-2015, 01:50 PM
Indeed, it looks like the same freeze/crash as the MHFU one !
Maybe this will give more chance to find the problem Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2