Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] How to play multiplayer using Tunngle
08-16-2014, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2014 12:21 AM by barbanium.)
RE: [Tutorial] How to play multiplayer using Tunngle
Straight from my FAQ section: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...4#pid90954 Big Grin

(08-04-2014 11:37 PM)barbanium Wrote:  Q: We can now see each other in Online GH. The problem is, we can't load a quest without someone "breaking off." What's going on?
A:
  • All players should have an updated PPSSPP. Get the latest version from the official website or from buildbot.
    Getting it from buildbot is recommended. Make sure, though, that the build is stable and without error.
  • Disable "Fast memory" under Settings -> System -> Emulation.
  • Under Settings -> System -> Cheats, make sure cheats are not enabled.
  • Make sure everyone in your party can properly connect with each other by checking if there's not a red X beside each other's names AND checking if everyone can see each other's chat messages.
    This can usually be solved by port forwarding Tunngle on the PC's of those players who can't connect properly.
    Click this for more info.
    Keep in mind, it only takes 2 players who can't connect to each other properly to "break off" a whole party of 3 to 4 players.
  • Change your firewall settings by doing the steps below.

The following steps are done in a Windows 8.1 PC.
    Other OS versions should have similar methods as these.
    Use common sense.

• In your Windows search bar, type "firewall" and click "Windows Firewall."

[Image: image.png]

• From the window that appears, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall."

• Click "Change settings" and find "ppssppwindows64.exe"
      Check the checkboxes for both "Private" and "Public."
    • Do the above step for "adhocsever.exe" as well.
    • To confirm the changes, click "OK."

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2014, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2014 01:51 AM by SiraphaeL.)
Awww, i think that you didnt read well friend, MHFU plays Awesome, the problem is with the mhp3rd HD, i believe that if i had this problem maybe MHFU wouldnt work either, you dont believe that? i did all these steps with MHFU and plays well in Tunngle and Hamachi, but when i try both with mhp3rd hd, comes the problems!! i have the 0.9.9 ver, disabled fast memory, cheat is not enabled, checked all the boxes in firewall, what else i have to do for solve my problem? Thanks for the Help :/
08-16-2014, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2014 02:18 AM by barbanium.)
I did understand your problem. Those solutions work for MHP3rd as well.
I ocassionally play MHP3rd HD on multiplayer. Tongue

If those didn't work, I can't provide any solutions for you at the moment.
If I have to guess, it's your game that's at fault. Big Grin

08-16-2014, 06:10 AM
(08-16-2014 01:40 AM)SiraphaeL Wrote:  Awww, i think that you didnt read well friend, MHFU plays Awesome, the problem is with the mhp3rd HD, i believe that if i had this problem maybe MHFU wouldnt work either, you dont believe that? i did all these steps with MHFU and plays well in Tunngle and Hamachi, but when i try both with mhp3rd hd, comes the problems!! i have the 0.9.9 ver, disabled fast memory, cheat is not enabled, checked all the boxes in firewall, what else i have to do for solve my problem? Thanks for the Help :/

try port forwarding tunngle or enable your DMZ so you have a green face both

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis
08-16-2014, 12:51 PM
If you guys can see each other in GH and can see each others chat, I don't think port forwarding Tunngle will do anything.

Nor enabling DMZ in your router settings. I've played MHP3rd in Tunngle with 3 other players WITHOUT enabling DMZ. I think that's only appropriate for connecting to Coldbird's Prometheus server.

BUT if really do think these might solve your problem, I guess there's no harm to give them a try. Big Grin

08-16-2014, 05:09 PM
UPDATE: VIDEO TUTORIAL!

08-20-2014, 04:19 AM
Barba make the OBS tutorial so other player can chat in game

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

08-20-2014, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 04:37 AM by barbanium.)
Lol! OBS is not required to chat in game.
OBS is a recording software. It looks like that in my videos cause I change some settings in OBS to look like that.

But on my end, it looks like this:

[Image: Actual_Screen.png]

Big Grin

08-20-2014, 04:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 04:43 AM by Adhenovan.)
yeah thats is a bad look , capture the tunngle chat with obs is more preffered , and im not record just use the preview Big Grin

08-29-2014, 12:54 AM
(08-04-2014 10:35 PM)barbanium Wrote:  Edit by vnctdj : This tutorial is valid for all games, not only for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

Someone tested games like Dissidia Duodecim?
08-29-2014, 06:03 AM
Maybe you will find the information you are searching in this thread Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-29-2014, 11:17 PM
Thanx, I will see.
09-04-2014, 04:47 AM
Hello. I followed this guide, but I can't get the game to connect to someone else. Ad-hoc server shows them getting online. I get a blank player in the waiting list. They can't see any room to join. The game is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. What can I check? Both of us have a green smiley after port-forwarding Tunngle. We're in the same network (a private one). The host Tunngle IP is the one in our settings. We unchecked all the relevant settings.

Help is very much appreciated.
09-04-2014, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 06:10 PM by barbanium.)
I'm not quite sure what the problem is so I'm just gonna post some possible solutions:
  • Make sure you and your friends have the same version of the game. Load the game and check the top of PPSSPP window to see if the game code matches.
  • Make sure you got the latest PPSSPP version. (v0.9.9.1)
  • Make sure you guys have no red X beside each others' names on the right section of the room.
  • Make sure everyone copies the host's IP and paste it in proAdhocServer of PPSSPP. (including the host himself, anyone can be host but only one is required; don't forget, the host should run "AdHocSever.exe")
  • Make sure your MAC addresses are NOT the same. (click "Change MAC address" just to be sure)
  • Fast memory OFF!
  • DON'T use untrottle/speed toggle AND save state/load state in any point of the game! (alt. speed = 25%?, NO!)
  • NO CHEATS!
  • Configure Firewall. (see the last answer on Q6: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...4#pid90954 )
If none of those work, it might be because there's something you missed when creating a private network (see here: http://www.tunngle.net/wiki/Client:Private_Networks )
(I don't think it matters what room you go in as long as you and everyone who wishes to join are in that room. Try the "Monster Hunter Freedom Unite" room)

OR there are ProAdHoc issues with the game itself. (I don't know how to solve that)

If you don't think any of the above helps, I'm out of ideas, so, sorry! Big Grin

09-05-2014, 03:50 AM
Thank you for the reply.

The game is stated to work in the ad-ho compatibility list. Everything else in the checklist we've already tried.

We just tried the monster hunter freedom unite group, too, but still. All I get is a blank character entering the list. I can see the other player perfectly well in ad-hoc-server window. No errors there. But they just don't show up in-game. Sad