Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved, GPU is too old] Help with OpenGL
08-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Heart RE: [Solved, GPU is too old] Help with OpenGL
(08-06-2014 09:22 PM)jasdinio Wrote:  @solarmystic thanks for the help dude i have downgraded and ppsspp does now work however i do notice a little worse performance on graphics in my 2nd monitor no idea why but also how do you find out what graphics card can run what version of open gl

Edit: Also how come there isn't any bad effect of downgrading drivers? I mean aren't you supposed to keep drivers updated instead of changing them to an older version.

If you can help with this also when i downgraded what happened is that everything on my screen got smaller for instance like when i open the library it just went tiny like all my other applications and skype and my steam everything just went small is there a quick way to fix all this or do i just have to resize them manually?
Hi there,
Sounds like to me that the screen resolution increased thus making all your applications look smaller.
Also because the resolution may of increased, that would explain the emulator slowing down, especially if you have Display resolution (HW scaler) set to Native device resolution.
Apart from that I can't think of anything else, hopefully Solarmystic will have a better understanding of what's going on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2014, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2014 01:27 AM by solarmystic.)
RE: [Solved, GPU is too old] Help with OpenGL
(08-06-2014 09:22 PM)jasdinio Wrote:  @solarmystic thanks for the help dude i have downgraded and ppsspp does now work however i do notice a little worse performance on graphics in my 2nd monitor no idea why but also how do you find out what graphics card can run what version of open gl

Here are the complete lists of graphics cards sorted by vendor from Wikipedia which also contains the relevant OpenGL/API support information for each card.

AMD/ATI :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD...sing_units

NVIDIA :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvi...sing_units

Intel :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Int...sing_units

(08-06-2014 09:22 PM)jasdinio Wrote:  Edit: Also how come there isn't any bad effect of downgrading drivers? I mean aren't you supposed to keep drivers updated instead of changing them to an older version.

Generally speaking you are correct, but in the case of legacy (read:-currently unsupported) cards, sometimes older drivers may be better for particular applications. This is obviously on a case by case, app by app basis of course, and in this particular situation (with the Radeon HD 4xxx cards), I can be confident that the driver I recommended is best for PPSSPP from my own testing.

(08-06-2014 09:22 PM)jasdinio Wrote:  If you can help with this also when i downgraded what happened is that everything on my screen got smaller for instance like when i open the library it just went tiny like all my other applications and skype and my steam everything just went small is there a quick way to fix all this or do i just have to resize them manually?

As The Phoenix has noted, it could be due to the change in the selected resolution of your panel. Or, it could be a change to the to font scaling settings that occurs when you re-install drivers on your system.

Have a look at the setting by going to the Display applet located in the Windows Control Panel of your OS.

[Image: ib0UUu2BbyhEko.PNG]

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
11-04-2014, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 08:49 PM by vnctdj.)
Thumbs Up RE: [Solved, GPU is too old] Help with OpenGL
Hey!

Please I also need your help.
I've downloaded three graphic drivers cause of ppsspp but no one was supported for my laptop Sad ? .
tell me please what should I do?
Or ppsspp does not have the version which is supportable for my pc ? I'll also be satisfied with previous versions ? So it has or not?
If yes then please send me the link to download that, I am new Smile . ?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-12-2015, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 10:04 AM by jamig24.)
Can you please help me. I also encounter or experience the OpenGL driver error. i just installed my PPSSPP today. and experience that error when i want to start the application. please help me

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-09-2016, 08:59 AM
Hey I hv open gl 2.0 but when I start ppsspp it suddenly closes . Wht should I do? Wanted to play god of war chains of olumpus .
07-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Try to use Direct3D9 instead of OpenGL :
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid112916