Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please remove dark layer on top of everythin in non buffered rendering
08-02-2014, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 10:01 AM by [email protected].)
Please remove dark layer on top of everythin in non buffered rendering
Its basically like having postprocessing shader in non buffered mode which makes game darker using semi transparent black layer on top of everything, this could be disabled so games would be brighter and IMO it would speed them up a bit cause i can clearly see in god of war its semi transparent black texture floating around on entire screen area, sometimes you can see its borders, its also in undead knights.
Also.... i have quad core GPD Q88+ and god of war works really really well with 9.6.2 build using Atomic Audio Locks in system menu and timer hack in display which does magic, so how about moving audio processing to another core, as option of course if extra cores are available, maybe theres problem with audio emulation because sound breaks motorstorm and if you build ppsspp without sound emulation then motorstorm works fine, maybes its worth to take a look at sound emulation.I suspect some of the stuff was already tried but i just wanted to ask.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: Please remove dark layer on top of everythin in non buffered rendering
Nothing is added while using non buffered,it's the opposite,the layer that make games brighter is removed because it requires buffered rendering to be applied.

I can play GoW just fine if I increase the gama from my nvidia control panel and maybe increase the brightness from my monitor settings....the game becomes completely visible but since some effects require buffered rendering,they look weird

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
08-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Thread: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=915 Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
08-02-2014, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 09:45 PM by [email protected].)
I can clearly see rectangular transparent black box on top of everything floating around and its clearly visible that behind it theres brighter picture.
I get that some games look identical in buffered and non buffered and some looks fifferent but in god of war i can clearly see that behind semi transparent black layer theres normal brightness so disabling this layer in non buffered could gain some speed.
Somen games work nice in buffered and non buffered but most work better in non buffered, they are bit darker tho sometimes because semi transparent black layer on top is turned on, i guess its responsible for effects like bloom etc but these kind of effects dont work in non buffered so this layer could be disabled.
Also the ones that tend to flicker when you skip frames in non buffered rendering all have this dark layer on top, i believe disabling it would fix flicker.
Bumping up brightness doesn solve the issue, this dark layer in front of everything is still wasting cpu power so best way would be to get rid of it if it does nothing to improve and game looks better without it.
08-03-2014, 04:04 AM
Non-buffered rendering just prevents the game from using buffers. It's a speedhack. Maybe that game is doing something that results in the broken effect that you're using.

It's just a speedhack. Don't expect great quality or experience from it. Since the PSP has no native functionality to disable all buffer usage in games, it will never be a perfect science to apply that hack.

-[Unknown]
08-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Yeah i get it would had to be done on particular games only but it would help and bring back original brightness, because of this dark layer on top of everything some games are dark in non buffered mode.
Actually many games look better with non buffered rendering, you have to upscale psp res at least 3 times in buffered to get as nice graphics but it also slows emu down.