Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crash with some games
07-18-2014, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 11:21 PM by Kunme.)
Crash with some games
Hi, I got this problem I was playing kingdom hearth sp without a problem but sometimes when it load or star cutscenes just get close... I can skip the cutscenes but there is one when I use ventus when it start the cute scene it close at the instant so I can't skip that... Some help? Also with a game of dragon ball z shin budukai at the beginning of the game got that crash too... Or it's a Glicht? I don't know help please.

In game is fast no problem with that

Btw I'm using an ipad 3 with iOS 7.1.2 and my version of ppsspp is the one on cydis Karen's version v0.9.8-666ga42c970

I active reduce motion too, there is a configuration or better setup for the ppsspp how i should use it? I not sure what I suppose to active in the ppsspp if the frameskip or whatever else Confused
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: Crash with some games
(07-18-2014 11:05 PM)Kunme Wrote:  Hi, I got this problem I was playing kingdom hearth sp without a problem but sometimes when it load or star cutscenes just get close... I can skip the cutscenes but there is one when I use ventus when it start the cute scene it close at the instant so I can't skip that... Some help? Also with a game of dragon ball z shin budukai at the beginning of the game got that crash too... Or it's a Glicht? I don't know help please.

In game is fast no problem with that

Btw I'm using an ipad 3 with iOS 7.1.2 and my version of ppsspp is the one on cydis Karen's version v0.9.8-666ga42c970

I active reduce motion too, there is a configuration or better setup for the ppsspp how i should use it? I not sure what I suppose to active in the ppsspp if the frameskip or whatever else Confused

try this

Here's my two cents:

Do not change to non-buffered rendering as this will force ppsspp to run at your devices native resolution, which on an iPad is inevitably far greater than the resolution of a PSP. Only use non-buffered rendering on older devices with lower resolution!

Have frameskipping on 1 with auto frameskip enabled (really helps with intensive games like metal gear solid, plays a little bit jerky at times but most definitely playable).

Ensure no post processing shaders are enabled as these are a huge resource drain. Also make sure neither stretch to display nor small display are ticked. Small display seems to make a slight difference but for me they tiny screen it leaves makes any game unplayable.

Rendering resolution should be 1x psp. Although the emulator can increase the resolution to make games sharper, just remember that 1x is what the games were designed for anyway! It seems this setting with stretch to display unticked gives full screen anyway, but ticking stretch to display makes the emulator slower (no idea why).

Make sure mipmapping, hardware transform, software skinning and vertex cache are all ticked. Spine/bezier curves quality should be low too. There are some options specifically for speedup purposes (they have speedup in brackets) but they tend to be a little glitchy so I leave them all unticked.

Upscale level should be off and deposterize unticked (only useful when upscaling to fix small graphical glitches).

Anisotropic filtering should be off and texture filtering set to auto. All hack settings should be left unticked because, although they do help slightly in terms of speed and frame rate, the trade off is just not worth the graphical glitches they cause. Leave software rendering unticked.

In the system settings, untick fast memory as this is very unstable and make sure both multithreaded and I/0 thread are ticked.

Under developer tools in system setting make sure dynarec (JIT) is ticked.

I have tested these settings on an iPad mini and an ipod touch 5 for good (but not always perfect) emulation on most games.

By akibn
07-23-2014, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2014 08:34 PM by TheDax.)
RE: Crash with some games
I have to thx u coz is faster the game now but I got the same problem with the same games in the same parts u.u

Tried already with low resolution games like locoroco2 and when I chose new game it crash, games with better traffics like naruto shhippuden uptime ninja 3 crash at the start of the game, also with megaman maverick hunter lol xd and other like ys seven, Jeane d'arc etc u.u

There is a possibility that the rooms are the problem? Or coz I'm not an user of ppsspp gold? I downloaded them firm [Removed]

Thx man :3

Mod edit: Please don't mention warez site names on this forum. Thank you.