Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Offline Multiplayer
07-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Question Offline Multiplayer
I don't have enough internet to play multiplayer with Hamachi, but is there another way to connect two computers with PPSSPP installed? I have a router and adhoc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2014, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 12:18 AM by xCrashdayx.)
RE: Offline Multiplayer
Of course Wink
press your windows key and typ in "cmd" and rightclick on the search result and select "start as administrator"
now type in "ipcofnig /all" to see your ip adress which you will have to put into ppsspp under "change proAdhoc adress"
now you start your adhocserver.exe on one of your PCs and type in the ip adress of the pc that has adhocserver running
this ip adress has to be typed in ON BOTH PCS. also make sure you use different mac adresses for each pc.
also change that under ppsspp system settings, just google for random mac adresses or make up your own
after both pcs are setup with the host adress and different mac adresses you can start your game and have fun Smile
if you did everything correct you can see incoming connections of both PCs inside of adhocserver.exe

PS: the ip adress you are looking for IS NOT THE ONE you will see here: http://whatismyipaddress.com/
also DO NOT choose your hamachi ip, the adress you are looking for normaly starts with 192.x.x.x
you can also look for the ip adress of your host computer if you know how to connect to your router
it will also be listed there

Join the EVOLVE PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer Party ! My Evolve ID: Crashday | Group ID: PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer | If you want me to test a Game for AdHoc Multiplayer or need help with it feel free to message me
07-18-2014, 01:10 AM
(07-18-2014 12:12 AM)xCrashdayx Wrote:  Of course Wink
press your windows key and typ in "cmd" and rightclick on the search result and select "start as administrator"
now type in "ipcofnig /all" to see your ip adress which you will have to put into ppsspp under "change proAdhoc adress"
now you start your adhocserver.exe on one of your PCs and type in the ip adress of the pc that has adhocserver running
this ip adress has to be typed in ON BOTH PCS. also make sure you use different mac adresses for each pc.
also change that under ppsspp system settings, just google for random mac adresses or make up your own
after both pcs are setup with the host adress and different mac adresses you can start your game and have fun Smile
if you did everything correct you can see incoming connections of both PCs inside of adhocserver.exe

PS: the ip adress you are looking for IS NOT THE ONE you will see here:

also DO NOT choose your hamachi ip, the adress you are looking for normaly starts with 192.x.x.x
you can also look for the ip adress of your host computer if you know how to connect to your router
it will also be listed there

That only works when the internet is turned on... does it consume my data?
07-18-2014, 05:34 AM
(07-18-2014 01:10 AM)Achilleus Wrote:  That only works when the internet is turned on... does it consume my data?
Without Internet, It's possible.

Just have cable ethernet RJ45 Smile
Link (French) :
http://www.easytutoriel.com/relier-2-pc-...able-rj45/
http://espace-numerique.fr/se-connecter-...en-lan-pc/

One PC, make sure 192.168.0.1 and two PC is 192.168.0.2 Tongue

Primary Computer: [CPU] i5 2500, [CG] GTX 560 Ti, 8 GB RAM, W7 x64
Second Laptop: [CPU] Intel Atom N270, 1 GB RAM, WinXP SP3
Phone: ZenFone 2 ZE550ML
07-18-2014, 07:47 AM
Quote:That only works when the internet is turned on... does it consume my data?
I am very sure that this method also works without internet ! Tongue
just disconnect your router from the internet and leave your lan cables and wifi connection turned on, or whatever you use to connect your PCs.
Your Router will still work as a network switch for a LAN Network

PS: Even if you leave the internet on, NO it will NOT CONSUME your data, because no data is send through the internet Wink

Join the EVOLVE PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer Party ! My Evolve ID: Crashday | Group ID: PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer | If you want me to test a Game for AdHoc Multiplayer or need help with it feel free to message me
07-18-2014, 04:54 PM
(07-18-2014 07:47 AM)xCrashdayx Wrote:  I am very sure that this method also works without internet ! Tongue
just disconnect your router from the internet and leave your lan cables and wifi connection turned on, or whatever you use to connect your PCs.
Your Router will still work as a network switch for a LAN Network

PS: Even if you leave the internet on, NO it will NOT CONSUME your data, because no data is send through the internet Wink

When I disconnect the internet the IPs change to 169 number and the computers don't see each other in the lobby, even when I change the host number
07-18-2014, 05:01 PM
(07-18-2014 07:47 AM)xCrashdayx Wrote:  Your Router will still work as a network switch for a LAN Network

Not always, cheap ISPs don't give out routers but some cheap hubs (it sounds like that's what he has). If you have a cheap hub or a router without DHCP then modern OSs will use ip autoconfiguration which are in the form 169.254.x.x in accordance with http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3927
07-18-2014, 05:05 PM
(07-18-2014 05:34 AM)GuenosNoLife Wrote:  
(07-18-2014 01:10 AM)Achilleus Wrote:  That only works when the internet is turned on... does it consume my data?
Without Internet, It's possible.

Just have cable ethernet RJ45 Smile
Link (French) :

One PC, make sure 192.168.0.1 and two PC is 192.168.0.2 Tongue

I can't read French....
07-18-2014, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 06:41 PM by AdamN.)
It's alright if your router is connected to the internet as long you're not using WAN/Public IP in adhocserver and ppsspp, it won't go through the internet and consume data

Make sure you're using LAN IP (192.x.x.x or 172.x.x.x) in the ProAdhocServer IP address settings
Use "ipconfig /all" to find your LAN IP (169.x.x.x usually not connected to anywhere/other computer)

You'll also need to disable "Enable compatibility server reports" otherwise ppsspp will try to send the log through internet and consume data
Also disable "Check for new version of PPSSPP"

If you want to check whether ppsspp is using internet or not you can monitor it from TaskManager->Performance->[ResourceMonitor]->Network and select ppsspp.exe process to see it's network activity (where it send/receive data to/from)
If you only see LAN IP in the network activity that means it doesn't use internet.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
07-18-2014, 06:42 PM
(07-18-2014 06:31 PM)AdamN Wrote:  It's alright if your router is connected to the internet as long you're not using WAN/Public IP in adhocserver and ppsspp, it won't go through the internet and consume data

Make sure you're using LAN IP (192.x.x.x or 172.x.x.x) in the ProAdhocServer IP address settings
Use "ipconfig /all" to find your LAN IP (169.x.x.x usually not connected to anywhere/other computer)

You'll also need to disable "Enable compatibility server reports" otherwise ppsspp will try to send the log through internet and consume data
Also disable "Check for new version of PPSSPP"

If you want to check whether ppsspp is using internet or not you can monitor it from TaskManager->Performance->[ResourceMonitor]->Network and select ppsspp.exe process to see it's network activity (where it send/receive data to/from)
If you only see LAN IP in the network activity that means it doesn't use internet.

Thanks I've always wondered how to check that