Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PS3 controller on Ipad 3 iOS 6
07-11-2014, 06:54 AM
PS3 controller on Ipad 3 iOS 6
Hello,

Want to first say you guys are amazing, I am a brand new user and already am loving this. As my Ipad is quite large it is a bit difficult to operate all the controls needed for many games, so while I've read many options on connecting the PS3 controller to android devices and windows, but what I'm looking for is to connect it to an Ipad running iOS 6. I have read a couple of different guides but knowing the strong support group here, I would like to see what works for you guys. Any help would be appreciated as I'm not even sure if you should use blutrol or btstack as i've read several different opinions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: PS3 controller on Ipad 3 iOS 6
lots of views but sadly no advice. if you know of a link to a guide that would be great as well, as then it would save ya from writing out instructions. if no one has posted by tomorrow then i will just start a trial and error testing phase, but would prefer not to do that. I've already ran a couple of searches on here as well for those who are thinking man this noob should just search before asking a dumb question. but alas it hasn't been talked about yet.
07-12-2014, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 10:42 AM by barbanium.)
Maybe there are reasons why people aren't responding to you, and maybe some of them are:
  • No one was able to make their PS3 controller work with PPSSPP on iOS.
  • No one wants to be involved in jailbreaking their iOS device. (connecting a PS3 controller to an iOS device REQUIRES doing that)
  • A very few people use PPSSPP on iOS that no one cared.
Again, these are all MAYBE's.

Putting all that aside, a quick google search showed me that "Controllers For All" is the most effective way to connect a PS3 controller to an iOS device.

I'm not an expert on the matter so I'm not sure it'll work on PPSSPP.

Good luck! Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
07-12-2014, 09:12 PM
many have to jailbreak their ios device just to get ppsspp installed on it, and there are several who have posted on here that use ios devices. I read about controllers for all just unsure of the integration with ppsspp. i will be giving it a shot later on tonight when i have some more time to mess around with it.
07-14-2014, 01:01 AM
So for those who are still on ios 6 and want to utilize a ps3 controller the only way currently is to use the cydia app called blutrol.

You download the SixaxisPairTool @ www(dot)dancingpixelstudios(dot)com/sixaxiscontroller/tool(dot)html
Install Blutrol on your Idevice, Install SixaxisPairTool

ON YOUR PC:
Connect both your iOS device and PS3 controller to your Windows computer
Run SixaxisPairTool and once it's loaded
Find your iOS device Bluetooth address (you can find it in Settings > General > About > Bluetooth)
Enter it into the Blank box
Click Update.
Then disconnect your controller.
Your controller is now ready to be paired

ON YOUR IDEVICE: (After disconnect)
Open the Blutrol app on your home screen.
Open up the ‘Controller’ section of the app.
Select which controller you are pairing.
Select ‘Connect’.
Then hit the PS button on your DualShock3.
Exit Blutrol
Open the game you are wanting to play and one the screen with the on screen controls.
Take a screenshot of the game you want to play. Ensure it contains the controls on screen.
Head back to Blutrol, and access the Games tab.
Choose which game you want to play.
Select the screenshot which you just took.
Drag around the controls for your controller, onto those for the game you want to play.
Select ‘Done’. That’s all! You can now use your controller to play the specific game, this will only need to be done once for each new game you want to play!

If your control layout is the same for all of the different games you play on ppsspp then you will only need to set it up for the ppsspp app. So that way blutrol knows that when you are running ppsspp then it will not have you re-map all of the controls.

NOTE:
BTstack and Controllers for All will not work for ios 6 and ppsspp users. It would be great it devs were able to collab with the controllers for all devs for compatability. You could turn your ios device into a full gaming station with airplay.
07-14-2014, 01:05 AM
There you go! Smile

Now you made the tutorial for everyone else to follow. Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!