Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Use ppsspp save files on a psp
07-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Use ppsspp save files on a psp
Is it possible to use ppsspp saves on a psp? I found some threads on the forum about the possibility to import saves from a psp to ppsspp, but none about the opposite situation. I tried to simply put the saves I create on the emulator in the psp SAVEDATA directory, but when loaded with the console, they turn out to be corrupt. I also tried to recover them with magicsave, but with no luck.

Anyone knows if it's possibile?

Sorry for potential improper forms or mistakes in the text, but English is not my mother tongue, i hope you'll be sympathetic.

P.s.: I use a psp 6.60 PRO-C.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2014, 07:37 PM
RE: Use ppsspp save files on a psp
Is this for multiple games?

We have a running issue for PSP -> PPSSPP compatibility problems here: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/5821

Have you tried opening it jpcsp, saving it there and loading that on the psp?
07-05-2014, 08:15 PM
No, the only game I tried is the porting of the first Persona.

And no, I didn't tried to save with jpcsp and then use that file. Thanks a lot for the link, and the advice. I'll try immediately to use jpcsp as intermediary and let you know if it works.
07-05-2014, 08:29 PM
I forgot, are you using one of the newest versions of ppsspp from http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
07-05-2014, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 08:49 PM by Marvoch.)
I don't update ppsspp approximately from 2 weeks. However, I tried to load the saves witch jpcsp, but it returns an error after loading: "cancel bad?", and then return to the loading screen.

I hadn't thought about the easiest solution, I'll try to update ppsspp at the latest build.

Edit: Nope, it returns always "Corrupted Data".