Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP crashes randomly
06-11-2014, 06:35 PM
PPSSPP crashes randomly
Hello all!

I am having issues with PPSSPP crashing at random times while I am playing. I have FGI'd and found only issues related to AMD systems. However, I am using the MSI GT70 Dragon Edition 2, with Windows 7 Ultimate.
Specs:

Intel Core i7 4700MQ
Haswell chipset
32Gb RAM
Nvidia 780m 4gb GDDR5 RAM

Less important, 3x SSDs and 1 mass storage hdd.

Now, I am new to the PPSSPP, however I love the layout, it is nice and clean, but I am confused with the crashing. At the moment I have both Dissidia FF games, and they will crash at random times. There are no errors being reported, just a windows pop up stating that PPSSPP has stopped working. There is no lag, no slow down in sound emulation, or anything that precedes the crash.

If I have missed any information needed, please let me know. Also, drivers are all up to date, so we can skip that part of the troubleshooting! Big Grin

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 07:00 PM by solarmystic.)
RE: PPSSPP crashes randomly
Hello and welcome to the forums, Demonshiru.

When in doubt, always reset the settings back to the defaults and try again.

(Open PPSSPP -> Settings -> System -> under the General heading, Restore PPSSPP's settings to default.)

Do that and see whether or not the random crashes return. If they don't, it's probably one (or more) of the settings that is at fault.

Next step would be to modify the settings one at a time until the crashes return. E.g. If you were using a customized configuration with Increased Rendering Resolution, Texture Scaling etc, turn em on one by one until you can elicit the crash again.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
06-11-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: PPSSPP crashes randomly
Thank you for the quick reply! I may, or may not (Random black screen, but I will look into probable causes later! It has only happened once, I am not too concerned.) have solved the issue. I changed a few of the system and graphics settings and things seem to be running well. I have been on for an hour+ with no crashing. Thank you again, I really appreciate it!