Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possibility to use custom firmware and plugin in PPSSPP?
06-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Possibility to use custom firmware and plugin in PPSSPP?
Hi. I tried to search for the answer of this on the forum but couldn't find the exact thing. I'm sorry if there were similar threads before.

There're a couple of plugins and homebrews for converting save files between MHFU and MH2G that run on PSP with custom firmware. As these things need memory dump or sorta things while playing the game by pushing music button on PSP and so, I couldn't manage to figure out how to use these on PPSSPP. Is it possible to emulate custom firmware-based plugins, if not XMB itself?

On a side note, it would be appreciated if anyone could tell me how to convert PPSSPP save of MHFU into MH2G one.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 07:16 PM
RE: Possibility to use custom firmware and plugin in PPSSPP?
(06-11-2014 02:58 PM)cocis Wrote:  Hi. I tried to search for the answer of this on the forum but couldn't find the exact thing. I'm sorry if there were similar threads before.

There're a couple of plugins and homebrews for converting save files between MHFU and MH2G that run on PSP with custom firmware. As these things need memory dump or sorta things while playing the game by pushing music button on PSP and so, I couldn't manage to figure out how to use these on PPSSPP. Is it possible to emulate custom firmware-based plugins, if not XMB itself?

On a side note, it would be appreciated if anyone could tell me how to convert PPSSPP save of MHFU into MH2G one.

Thanks.

Hmm... You can convert MHFU [US] to [EU] and vice versa simply by changing the save file folder from "ULUS10391" to "ULES01213" and vice versa.
But to [JP], that method may not work. Try it anyway and see if it works. Tongue

And if it doesn't, I may help you out.
I own a PSP in CFW 6.60 PRO-C2 and I have the plug-in which you described in your post (mhsc.prx). Smile

Just upload your save file in a file hosting site and PM ME THE DOWNLOAD LINK.

I'll PM you back with a download link of your converted save file. Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-11-2014, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 09:29 PM by cocis.)
I tried changing name of the save but it didn't work. I heard that there's some encryption involved with the saves, hence making the awkward memory dumping method inevitable.

I've PMed you the DL link of my save. Thanks for your help.
06-11-2014, 10:10 PM
To answer the other question, no, you can't install CFW on PPSSPP as it doesn't emulate Sony's firmware in the first place (and thus, you can't run the XMB either, and there are no plans on doing so). Plugins are possible, but nobody's added support for it yet, so at this time, no.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
06-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Sent. Did this in between breaks while playing MHFU online! Big Grin

06-12-2014, 12:38 AM
(06-11-2014 10:10 PM)TheDax Wrote:  To answer the other question, no, you can't install CFW on PPSSPP as it doesn't emulate Sony's firmware in the first place (and thus, you can't run the XMB either, and there are no plans on doing so). Plugins are possible, but nobody's added support for it yet, so at this time, no.

Hmm. I understand.

(06-11-2014 11:37 PM)barbanium Wrote:  Sent. Did this in between breaks while playing MHFU online! Big Grin

I really appreciate it. Thanks.
06-12-2014, 01:07 AM
No problem! Big Grin It did work, right? Smile

10-08-2015, 09:03 AM
(06-12-2014 01:07 AM)barbanium Wrote:  No problem! Big Grin It did work, right? Smile
Can I know where to get/find mhsc.prx i just fixed my psp and i wanna convert my MHFU savedate to MHP2G but I don't have one of those mhsc.prx file. Or could you send yours to me.