Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
windows 7 and sixaxis controller on usb
06-07-2014, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 10:36 PM by Gimlet.)
RE: windows 7 and sixaxis controller on usb
Specific? I uninstalled the MiJ driver, ran he program ScpDriver.exe which terminated properly. Thereafter not only did the controller not register any buttons, but the whole computer simply froze up, and I had to cycle the power.

I just uninstalled the SCP drivers, and reinstalled the MiJ driver. Now the controller exists, and the windows calibration shows that it is being recognized. Under installed game controllers, it shows up, and the properties tab opens the test panel, showing the dpad as the "hat" control, but every button at least does something. Now ppsspp seems to accept the control remapping, with the exception of the left analog stick. Odd ... d-pad left now works with MiJ driver 0.7.10001, but the left analog stick doesn't. The rest of the angles on the analog stick do work, however.

(06-07-2014 10:30 PM)Gimlet Wrote:  ... the left analog stick doesn't. The rest of the angles on the analog stick do work, however.
What I mean is that the avatar moves with the left analog stick forward, to the right and back, but not to the left. Moving the stick directly to the left fails to produce any movement at all. And I know that the controller is not broken - the test shows that it is registering properly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2014, 12:39 AM
Did you install the 360 controller drivers before you ran SCP.exe? That was probably your problem. MJ is a POS program and is made the chinese which requires you to be online to use the damn thing. Not to mention its littered with ads and not to mention the infamous learn Chinese ad that gets put up directly into your browser. Also I ahve gotten BSOD's from their drivers as well. I was so happy to get rid of it.
06-08-2014, 01:10 AM
(06-08-2014 12:39 AM)fade2black001 Wrote:  Did you install the 360 controller drivers before you ran SCP.exe? That was probably your problem. MJ is a POS program and is made the chinese which requires you to be online to use the damn thing. Not to mention its littered with ads and not to mention the infamous learn Chinese ad that gets put up directly into your browser. Also I ahve gotten BSOD's from their drivers as well. I was so happy to get rid of it.

Windows declared the controller to be a 360, so I guess I could try again. But I have never gotten any ads from MiJ at all, nor BSODs, and I don't need to be online for it to work either. So I am confused a bit.
06-08-2014, 01:14 AM
Then you are not obviously using the MotionJoy then. MotionJoy requires you to be online and its program is littered with ads. As for the BSOD thing not too many people got them. It was very few of them that did have this problem though. What happens is that if the controller accidently gets disconnected during playing a game and you plugged it back in while the game was still running. It would give me a BSOD.
06-08-2014, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 10:34 PM by barbanium.)
Ok, here's the step by step procedure on how I connected my PS3 controller to my PC. Big Grin

Things you'll need:
  • MotioninJoy Version 0.7.1001
  • Better DS3
  • a PS3 controller with USB connector
  • (optional) Bluetooth dongle compatible with MotioninJoy drivers

Procedure:

1) Download MotioninJoy Version 0.7.1001 installer from this site: http://www.motioninjoy.com/download
(If you don't know which link it is, click this.)

2) Extract it then install!

3) Run DS3 Tool (This is the last time you'll EVER run it).
Click the "Driver Manager" tab on it.
If a window pops-up, just click "Yes."

4) Plug in your PS3 controller and bluetooth dongle (if ever you have it).
The DS3 Tool should display the hardwares you plugged in.

5) Click the check boxes beside the hardwares then click "Load driver" beneath them.
If a window pops-up, just click "Install."
Wait for it to do its thing until it replaces the red X's with green check marks under "MotioninJoy."
Close DS3 Tool. (Again, you don't have to run it EVER again, but DON'T uninstall it! Big Grin)

6) Download Better DS3 from this site: http://betterds3.ciebiera.net
(Or click this.)

7) Extract it then run Better DS3. (No installations needed, I know! Big Grin)

8) If your PS3 controller is still plugged in, it should tell you "DualShock3 (USB)" under "Connected DS3 Controllers:."
Click "New" then "Xinput."

9) On the newly opened window, type a "Profile Name," click the check box beside "Automatically apply to controllers when connected," and click "Xbox 360" beside "Auto Fill."
If you want, click "Test" under "Vibration" and feel the controller vibrate. Smile
Click "Save Profile."

10) Back to Better DS3, click the arrow-down button under "Selected Profile," then pick the profile you created.
Click "Apply."

DONE!

Wireless connection tutorial:

1) Check if your bluetooth dongle is compatible with MotioninJoy.
To see a list of compatible bluetooth dongles, visit this site: http://www.motioninjoy.com/wiki/en/help/btcompatibility

2) If you haven't already, load the drivers to your bluetooth dongle from DS3 Tool (steps 3 - 5 above).

3) Run Better DS3. Make sure your PS3 controller and bluetooth dongle are plugged in.
Click "Set."

4) Wait for about 5 - 10 secs. then unplug your PS3 controller.

DONE!

Testing:

1) On Better DS3, click "Control Panel."
2) On the newly opened window, click the controller then click "Properties."
3) Press the buttons on your PS3 controller and see if your PC corresponds.

I hope this helps! Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-08-2014, 02:25 AM
Interesting. Well I would never touch or use those drivers but whatever..
06-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Yay! this worked! perfectly! Many thanks.
06-08-2014, 03:22 PM
(06-08-2014 03:15 PM)Gimlet Wrote:  Yay! this worked! perfectly! Many thanks.

No problem! Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!