Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
windows 7 and sixaxis controller on usb
06-07-2014, 06:05 PM
windows 7 and sixaxis controller on usb
A question for the assembled wisdom: I have a ps3 dualshock3 sixaxis controller attached to a windows 7 PC via a usb cable. The controller works fine on the PS3 and on a Nintendo emulator (which uses the d-pad but does not use the joysticks). However, I cannot get PPSSPP to recognize the d-pad left button or either joystick to control mapping. Windows syas the controller is attached and "working properly" FWIW. Any ideas on how to get the controller properly recognized? Any data I can provide to help?
Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 06:16 PM
RE: windows 7 and sixaxis controller on usb
Did you install a driver PS3 Pad and if it's one of those configurable drivers what are the settings you use?
06-07-2014, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 06:29 PM by barbanium.)
You need MotioninJoy to install the drivers needed for PS3 controllers to work on Windows. Smile

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-07-2014, 06:46 PM
No please no MotionJoy. If you install a driver use the Xinput driver here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

instead of the chinese ad infested MotionJoy
06-07-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm not running the DS3 of MotioninJoy. I just installed their drivers. I'm using Better DS3 instead. Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-07-2014, 09:00 PM
(06-07-2014 06:50 PM)barbanium Wrote:  I'm not running the DS3 of MotioninJoy. I just installed their drivers. I'm using Better DS3 instead. Big Grin

Opening Windows devices and printers, shows the PS3 controller. Opening it shows that it is being run by the MotioninJoy Virtual Xinput device for Windows. The driver is version 0.6.5.0 dated 11/10/2011

So yes, that driver is installed. But the d-pad left does not work, the joysticks are not recognized and the avatar in the game "birth by sleep" appears to be driven to the left, as if the d-pad left button is continually pressed.
06-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Get off of motionjoy drivers completely. Uninstall everything that has to do with that crappy program. Do what Bigpet says. Thats exactly what I am use and have using for a while now and have no problem with anything. The thing is that wrapper treats your PS3 controller like you have a 360 controller plugged on. So it works with with everything that supports its. Its flawless ine very single way.
06-07-2014, 09:31 PM
(06-07-2014 09:00 PM)Gimlet Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 06:50 PM)barbanium Wrote:  I'm not running the DS3 of MotioninJoy. I just installed their drivers. I'm using Better DS3 instead. Big Grin

Opening Windows devices and printers, shows the PS3 controller. Opening it shows that it is being run by the MotioninJoy Virtual Xinput device for Windows. The driver is version 0.6.5.0 dated 11/10/2011

So yes, that driver is installed. But the d-pad left does not work, the joysticks are not recognized and the avatar in the game "birth by sleep" appears to be driven to the left, as if the d-pad left button is continually pressed.
I found the new MotioninJoy 0.7 Attempting to install the driver gives me the following error:
ERROR:Building Driver Info List fail.. Error code:0X3
06-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Once again motionjoy is crap. Do not use it...
06-07-2014, 09:40 PM
(06-07-2014 09:34 PM)fade2black001 Wrote:  Once again motionjoy is crap. Do not use it...

So, I should uninstall it and install what in its place?
06-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Bigpet posted a link to what you should install.
06-07-2014, 09:43 PM
so this?
SCP-DS-Driver-Package-1.2.0.160.7z
06-07-2014, 09:49 PM
That seems to be right. You might also want to download the update file as well.
06-07-2014, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 10:00 PM by Gimlet.)
Well, it failed, rather spectacularly. I just had a hard crash requiring a cold boot. At least the MiJ driver didn't do this.

Now I have no connected controllers at all! Windows claims I have a PlayStation 3 controller but nothing will see it. The drivers are the windows drivers.
06-07-2014, 10:05 PM
Can you be more specific?