Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PowerVR serious problem
02-27-2015, 04:21 PM
RE: PowerVR serious problem
(02-27-2015 03:49 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Yes, I think so.

-[Unknown]

So is it ever gonna be fixed (by some hack or alternative settings etc...) or not?

My Android device:
Motorola XT894
JB 4.1.2 (debloated stock)
GPU: PowerVR SGX 540
DualCore Cortex A9 1,2 gHz (overclocked to 1404 mHz)
RAM: 1gb
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Do you want the fix to include a soldering iron? Or contacting the developers of the original games to rewrite the entire rendering engines not to rely upon alpha testing?

What's the plan?

-[Unknown]
02-28-2015, 12:40 AM
(02-27-2015 05:26 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Do you want the fix to include a soldering iron? Or contacting the developers of the original games to rewrite the entire rendering engines not to rely upon alpha testing?

What's the plan?

-[Unknown]

I don't know, man, I'm not the expert in this subject. I'm just see things which in my opinion are bugs in graphic and I'm asking question is that so called bug gonna ever disappear making games playable and understood. As simple as that, yes or no.

My Android device:
Motorola XT894
02-28-2015, 02:05 AM
Information RE: PowerVR serious problem
(02-28-2015 12:40 AM)Laska Wrote:  
(02-27-2015 05:26 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Do you want the fix to include a soldering iron? Or contacting the developers of the original games to rewrite the entire rendering engines not to rely upon alpha testing?

What's the plan?

-[Unknown]

I don't know, man, I'm not the expert in this subject. I'm just see things which in my opinion are bugs in graphic and I'm asking question is that so called bug gonna ever disappear making games playable and understood. As simple as that, yes or no.
Hi there Laska,

Have you tried the following 2 options, Graphics tab, Performance / Disable slower effects (speedup) - This helped me play the FIFA football games correctly.
Also Graphics tab, Hack settings / Disable alpha test (speedup) - This option is supposed to help us PowerVR users including me.

Hope these help. Cool
02-28-2015, 05:27 PM
(02-28-2015 02:05 AM)The Phoenix Wrote:  
(02-28-2015 12:40 AM)Laska Wrote:  

What's the plan?

-[Unknown]

Hi there Laska,

Have you tried the following 2 options, Graphics tab, Performance / Disable slower effects (speedup) - This helped me play the FIFA football games correctly.
Also Graphics tab, Hack settings / Disable alpha test (speedup) - This option is supposed to help us PowerVR users including me.

Hope these help. Cool

Thank you for your answer!
I've tried both of this settings bot none of them resolve problem with missing or transparent textures -they only speedups games. The only thing that partially helps is disable buffered rendering but then major part of rendered objects (or even everything) becomes black. I don't know what else I can do...

My Android device:
Motorola XT894