Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Cant save in game
09-23-2017, 01:29 AM
RE: [SOLVED] Cant save in game
This can happen on quite a few games across many different systems/emulators. Basically games don't like it when you try to save over data using an alternate timeline that exists before the save (since it is something that can not naturally occur).

Some tips to avoid the issue.
Unless you are in a situation where an in game save is impossible when you are done playing for a session use the in game save system (it is generally more stable anyways so it is a good practice to do in gemeral)
When you start up a new session only load the type of save you used last (hopefully an in game save). Basically if you quit after an in game save always load the in game save, if you quit after using a save state load the save state.
Try to never load a save state that happened before an in game save (espically if there are not multiple save slots). In game saves should save major progress and save states are really best used for temp saves to test something or if the area is too dangerous to risk a permenste save there.

For PSP2 basically I always did an in game save after a successful mission or if I did a lot of shopping/character setup before the next mission. Inside of a mission I used save states in case something happened or if I wanted to test dialog tree.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[SOLVED] Cant save in game - ZeroX4 - 06-05-2014, 02:13 PM
RE: [SOLVED] Cant save in game - vsub_ - 07-27-2014, 06:19 AM
RE: [SOLVED] Cant save in game - ZeroX4 - 09-22-2017, 06:58 AM
RE: [SOLVED] Cant save in game - TkSilver - 09-23-2017 01:29 AM
RE: [SOLVED] Cant save in game - StriKerZ - 06-26-2018, 08:49 AM
RE: [SOLVED] Cant save in game - AkiraJkr - 06-26-2018, 05:08 PM