Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Menu Loop with memory in Japanese games
06-04-2014, 04:48 AM
Menu Loop with memory in Japanese games
Basically whenever I try to run a Japanese PSP game it puts me in a menu loop asking about save data and no matter if I hit yes or no it just keeps looping. I believe it's telling me I need 352kb of space for save data and is telling me to insert a memory stick, so it just keeps looping back to "checking for save data". This is strange though, because when I run US or European games they run perfectly fine and don't have this issue, it's strictly Japanese games. I've searched all over and found only one mention of this issue and they had no solution and I'm at a complete loss.

-Tested on Tales of VS, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, and Digimon World: Redigitze
-Im running the latest version of PPSSPP

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 05:07 AM
RE: Menu Loop with memory in Japanese games
It's not a "memory loop";p. Heheh you'll laugh in a second from yourself xD.
Japanese games have X and Circle switched(on pretty much all consoles), so when you try confirming with X, you basically cancel the choice and it asks you again.^_^
Use circle and you'll be fine. You could also try to learn at least some basic words in japanese to actually know what the game is askingSmile.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
06-04-2014, 05:43 AM
omg I completely forgot they were swapped, duh. I actually can read some Japanese so I generally understood what it was asking, just forgot they swapped the buttons!! Thanks a lot, saved me a lot of frustration.
06-19-2014, 10:26 PM
Oh my god. I have been stuck at this issue for nearly 3 weeks now. I searched Google for hours and found nothing. I feel so stupid right now I want to shoot myself in the foot for all the time i've wasted on this. Thank you.
06-20-2014, 12:17 AM
I think we could actually notice that a game has selected reversed controls and warn you the first time, as long as it calls sceImposeSetLanguageMode(). There's no guarantee it will, though...

-[Unknown]
06-22-2014, 01:01 AM
Some games actually have confirm/cancel set by the system instead of the game. You can change which is used under game settings/more settings/system at the very bottom.

Danball Senki Boost is such a game, and it kept confusing me because the button prompts did NOT change when I played it on my NTSC-U PSP (or by default on PPSSPP, but I got used to it by the time it semi worked there).