Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble
07-25-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble
Playing on ppsspp is as legal as playing on psp and the game had no copy protections.

The reason it's broken is probably much simpler - it's a japanese game made by a small studio. This means it's almost surely a badly coded game that does stuff based on real psp timings instead of properly checking stuff. How it behaves on real psp(hangs in exactly same places when cpu clocks are non default) seems to confirm it. Something probably loads too fast on ppsspp however here it's not dependant on cpu clocks because not all timing related stuff is even emulated to avoid realistic(slow:C) load times.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 05:01 AM
(07-25-2014 09:19 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Playing on ppsspp is as legal as playing on psp
Yeah I know, I just meant that getting someone to play pass this point with an actual psp could help out the situation with this game.

(07-25-2014 09:19 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  The reason it's broken is probably much simpler - it's a japanese game made by a small studio. This means it's almost surely a badly coded game that does stuff based on real psp timings instead of properly checking stuff. How it behaves on real psp(hangs in exactly same places when cpu clocks are non default) seems to confirm it. Something probably loads too fast on ppsspp however here it's not dependant on cpu clocks because not all timing related stuff is even emulated to avoid realistic(slow:C) load times.
Well the only other method I could think of aside from waiting for ppsspp to resolve it on it's own is to patch the game
08-29-2014, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2014 12:53 AM by GorillaGD.)
I couldn't wait any longer for ppsspp to resolve this issue so I went out and bought a psp. To help with the development of this emulator, I'm uploading my saves that take place after the first fight, this should help people see if there are any more issues found deeper within the game and each save is set on a different difficulty (all three using the default name, school and home town). If you want to see the scene that takes place after the first fight, you should look up a gameplay video or something.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Kenka Bacnho Badass Rumble Saves.zip (Size: 506.27 KB / Downloads: 3156)
08-31-2014, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 03:33 AM by Lion1176.)
Shocked RE: Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble
(08-29-2014 11:42 PM)GorillaGD Wrote:  I couldn't wait any longer for ppsspp to resolve this issue so I went out and bought a psp. To help with the development of this emulator, I'm uploading my saves that take place after the first fight, this should help people see if there are any more issues found deeper within the game and each save is set on a different difficulty (all three using the default name, school and home town). If you want to see the scene that takes place after the first fight, you should look up a gameplay video or something.

Dude, thanks so much for this! Been wanting to play this for ages but never could. Your amazing! =D

I'll be sure report any other problems if I find any.

Edit: So I played the game from the save file and aside from graphical glitches like the one shown in the pic, the game runs great until the end of the 1st day. A cut scene starts and then freezes PPSSPP just like the cut scene after the first bancho.

Thanks again for uploading the save! Had fun even though Its just a portion of the game.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-01-2014, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 02:56 PM by CrazySteve88.)
I can confirm with the latest revision (0.9.9.1-190) that the game still crashes after the first fight/subway scene. I tried two different releases, UMD dump and extracted iso from PSN. I checked out log view(Ctrl L for those that dont know) and it says the game points to a memory location that doesn't exist.

Here's the thing though many years ago this game wouldn't play on any PSP CFW including 5.0.0 m33-6 and even now it still doesn't play that well on any CFW.

However... it was reported the game played just fine on a non modded PSP. For those who did mod their PSP it wouldn't work. To get past a few crashes though users would use default clock settings(222mhz) and disable MS speed access(CFW hack to speed up MS).

I'm guessing this game requests for something that just isn't there. Like I said non modded PSP's work(unless later FW's changed something, doubtful). Maybe that's the key to fixing this game for good?

I hope someone does. I really liked this game.
09-05-2014, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 07:48 AM by GorillaGD.)
(09-01-2014 02:54 PM)CrazySteve88 Wrote:  I can confirm with the latest revision (0.9.9.1-190) that the game still crashes after the first fight/subway scene. I tried two different releases, UMD dump and extracted iso from PSN. I checked out log view(Ctrl L for those that dont know) and it says the game points to a memory location that doesn't exist.

Here's the thing though many years ago this game wouldn't play on any PSP CFW including 5.0.0 m33-6 and even now it still doesn't play that well on any CFW.

However... it was reported the game played just fine on a non modded PSP. For those who did mod their PSP it wouldn't work. To get past a few crashes though users would use default clock settings(222mhz) and disable MS speed access(CFW hack to speed up MS).

I'm guessing this game requests for something that just isn't there. Like I said non modded PSP's work(unless later FW's changed something, doubtful). Maybe that's the key to fixing this game for good?

Works well on my PSP 1000 with the latest CFW Pro installed, I'm actually on the second playthrough/new game plus of the game right now. The only bad thing I've noticed when trying to play backups on my psp is that if you compress them to .cso, the games take longer to load. It may be great for keeping more data storage available but as it's stated on some sites, that format does cause slower load times than to just run them in .iso, the .cso format also made Vice City Stories stop working for me for some reason.
09-06-2014, 06:22 AM
(09-05-2014 07:46 AM)GorillaGD Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 02:54 PM)CrazySteve88 Wrote:  I can confirm with the latest revision (0.9.9.1-190) that the game still crashes after the first fight/subway scene. I tried two different releases, UMD dump and extracted iso from PSN. I checked out log view(Ctrl L for those that dont know) and it says the game points to a memory location that doesn't exist.

Works well on my PSP 1000 with the latest CFW Pro installed, I'm actually on the second playthrough/new game plus of the game right now. The only bad thing I've noticed when trying to play backups on my psp is that if you compress them to .cso, the games take longer to load. It may be great for keeping more data storage available but as it's stated on some sites, that format does cause slower load times than to just run them in .iso, the .cso format also made Vice City Stories stop working for me for some reason.

CSO files are compressed so they require more cpu to decompress which causes slow downs and a lot of issues with bigger games like GTA. Years ago it was more useful because memory cards were more expensive and space really was an issue.

If you really need the space you can try UMDGen and have it "optimize" the game and save it as a .iso. It removes junk files and garbage data. Compatibility is pretty high although some games have issues but not too many.
01-12-2015, 04:33 PM
So to sum things up.
There are two things that works bad in KB:
1. Emulator crashes after white loading screen(i suppose its when in-game day changes) after first fight.
2. Eternal loading loop after choosing MOVES in your room.
And that are troubles ppl have while using psp too.
When i use 0.9.9.1 emulator crashes at white loading screen and there is eternal loading loop.
If i turn off fast memory in settings-system emulator doesnt crash at white screen. Screen just gets black after white one. But emulation is freezed. You cant even load a previous state without restarting.
Ppl say that there is patched ISO of KB by "Kiss of death" that is working on every PSP. So i found it.
But results are same for 0.9.9.1.
Some guy on previous pages told that he had game working on 0.9.1 so i found 0.9.1-357-g3525498(Its dissapointing that you cant get versions earlier then 0.9.8 on official page) and used that "kiss of death" ISO.
White screen crash is still present BUT theres no more eternal loop after choosing MOVES.
If you use not "kiss of death" ISO in 0.9.1 theres no loop but graphical artifacts in MOVES screen.
01-12-2015, 11:39 PM
(01-12-2015 04:33 PM)BattleBrotherFox Wrote:  (...)
(...)
If you use not "kiss of death" ISO in 0.9.1 theres no loop but graphical artifacts in MOVES screen.

By the gamefaqs forums, loading loop with Moves menu is a pirated copy bug and I assume the other iso you mention is also pirated.

It works fine without any patches, if you buy original game:

But yeah, the story mode hangs anyway, possibly by some timing inaccuracy as it happened on real psp for many people with some cfw as well, unfortunately the new "simulate UMD delays" didn't helped(althrough it might not be finished yet).

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
02-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Umm..is this game should even tagged as playable? Because,for me after the first fight with 2 guys and then it goes to a white loading screen after a cutscene,its always crashing..i dunno what exactly am i doing wrong..oh and btw i use the fixed iso
02-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Still does not work correctly using ppsspp 1.0 Hangs after first fight.
Request that the "playable" tag be changed.
03-30-2015, 03:01 PM
This game Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble not work.
05-31-2015, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2015 05:30 PM by blahman179.)
(01-12-2015 11:39 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 04:33 PM)BattleBrotherFox Wrote:  (...)
(...)

By the gamefaqs forums, loading loop with Moves menu is a pirated copy bug and I assume the other iso you mention is also pirated.

It works fine without any patches, if you buy original game:

But yeah, the story mode hangs anyway, possibly by some timing inaccuracy as it happened on real psp for many people with some cfw as well, unfortunately the new "simulate UMD delays" didn't helped(althrough it might not be finished yet).

It's not a "Pirated," copy bug.

Searching around, I found out it's just a bad dump made by someone using outdated dumping methods, has nothing to do with piracy.

Supposedly there is a fix to this and certain other bad dumps, but I can't get it to work.
06-08-2015, 12:04 AM
@blahman179 just because we don't shot pirates on sight as it's practiced on most other emulators official forums, does not mean we support it. If you admit piracy and doesn't matter if you're blunt about it or try to hide the fact then whatever additional problems you list which does not happen for someone having original will be just pirated copy bugs and nobody cares.

And to your information the "outdated dumping method" you speak about was simply causing incomplete dumps, so there's nothing to "fix". Without having the original data you'll not be able to fill up the missing part properly, and it has everything to do with piracy, since only copies made that way which still exist at least among games which were noticeably broken by it on psp are safe to say all warez confirming common truth "what get's in the net, stays there forever".

I would just add that for anyone who's a fan of this game there's really no excuse for not getting the original, on psn ~ 15$, 400mb, and you'll never even have to look at any isos of it since ppsspp supports pbp files just fine(as long as we speak about psp games).

06-23-2015, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2015 11:11 AM by vailonlelin.)
Still waiting for the fix for this game after the first fight though.... Smile)
Btw, if you really want to play this game, there is only 2 ways i found that work:
1.Buy a real PSP (Duh).
2.Use Lion1176's Save to get through the crash after the first fight.
Other than that, I'm sure we will have to wait till PPSPP come out with a fix after the first fight for this game.

[/php]