Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
How to fix Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep "Checking the Storage Media" Error
06-01-2014, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 10:56 PM by Cherished.)
How to fix Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep "Checking the Storage Media" Error

*NOTE* This will NOT WORK for Mobile Device Users! Sorry

Hi guys, I'm new to the forums but I seemed to have found the cause of, and the fix of, the hang time in kingdom hearts: birth by sleep / kingdom hearts birth by sleep: final mix while saving the game. I at first was encountering this problem and I didn't know how to fix it, but I figured it out. If you're experiencing this, this is the screen you will get.

If you're getting this screen, you most likely went into the mirage arena and accidentally clicked "online". If you didn't, this guide will not work for your problem.

I don't know if this is for everyone, but my screen is completely stuck on that and will not go away.

Now, if you think that this isn't important and that you can just click "save state", you're wrong. At the end of the game, if you want to play through with Aqua and Terra, you need to save your game.

Now, how to fix this:

1. Follow this link here: (http: //forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=8148) (remove the space between : and //, it didn't let me create a link) This link is how to use hamachi to play multiplayer on PPSSPP.

2. Do everything that it says to do in that link.

3. After you do that, head to the mirage arena and click online. You should get a screen like this

4. Don't worry, it's okay. You won't be able to go online, but you will have fixed the problem.

5. Make sure that the "Fix" worked. Go to the save spot and try to save. If you continue to have this issue, try once more (it took me two times, but it could take you more). It shouldn't take you that many times though. If you're still having a problem, this is not your issue.

6. Now, you can delete all of the things downloaded (I tested this to make sure you can still save). I would recommend keeping them because hamachi is very useful for playing other emulator games online with friends.

I hope this helps guys!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: How to fix Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep "Checking the Storage Media" Error
Since I'm an already established user with enough posts, I'll post that link:
CLICK HERE

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2014, 01:17 AM
(06-03-2014 05:49 PM)Obi55 Wrote:  Since I'm an already established user with enough posts, I'll post that link:

thanks Smile
12-06-2014, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 01:29 AM by Grusi.)
Hello, I've been registering pretty much only due to this Thread.

What you recommended there worked for me, thankfully, so my 15 hours of gameplay aren't ruined^^...I just like to say thanks for making this thread. Also, I'd like to inform you and everyone else who is reading this that you are capable of being in the Online-Lobby without losing connection (You posted a screenshot that this happened back then in June).

I am writing this down so people know that this fix still works, even if they are not losing connection like in your screenshot.

I am not sure if you can actually play with others, but I've not lost connection the few minutes I was in there, in an Online-State, and reading that a lot of other games work Online, it seems to me KH:BBSFM might be ready too.

Thanks again!

(The fix worked on my first attempt, several times in a row, with different savestates)
12-27-2014, 11:50 AM
on step 3, i did not get that notification... what have i done wrong?
11-19-2015, 08:09 PM
How do you get it to leave the save screen?
06-25-2018, 08:32 AM
Is there a way to get Hamachi without admin? Me and my friends are playing Kingdom Hearts: BBS on school laptops (which means we can't get our hands on admin passwords) and we really want to play past the ending of the characters.

Our emulator is version 0.9.9.1 on Windows 10.
06-26-2018, 05:10 PM
Multiplayer does not work for Birth by Sleep in PPSSPP.

Also you shouldn't be using such a old version of PPSSPP and ask for help.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2018, 04:11 PM
This doesn't work anymore, and I'm not trying to play online. I just want it to save properly again. Anyone advise? Sad
07-23-2018, 05:54 AM
(07-05-2018 04:11 PM)kadesnake Wrote:  This doesn't work anymore, and I'm not trying to play online. I just want it to save properly again. Anyone advise? Sad

Found a fix. At the top of the window, go to "Game Settings", then click on "Networking" on the left panel. Check the boxes "Enable networking/WLAN (beta)" and "Enable built-in PRO ad hoc server". That SHOULD be enough, but if it's not, go back into the arena and connect online.
02-27-2020, 04:38 PM
it works for mobile. i tryied and fixed, thanks a lot <3
07-18-2020, 01:13 PM
how do you do it on mobile? any suggestion?