Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Performance drop in v0.9.8xxxx
05-30-2014, 02:31 AM
RE: Performance drop in v0.9.8xxxx
(05-26-2014 06:25 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  If you can test and find what specific build the performance drop started on, and which one it last didn't happen on, it's possible we may be able to fix it.

-[Unknown]

I was just browsing this forum, and saw this comment. So, I figured why not leave a reply.
I've been using PPSSPP for five months now. I currently am using version 0.9.8611 because anything passed it, the video rendering is beyond messed up on my Android. Ouya, to be exact. Primarily, I play DD012FF, but this has happened with many games I play, from racing, to fighting, to RPG type.
I used DD012FF as my example in a video on YouTube to show what was going on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlL8mfAHc...ANjs9wj_Zg
The messed up part of the vid 0.9.8695. Though the results are the same with newer version. The correct part is 0.9.8611. Showing how the game should be, as with other games. The texture rendering seems to be messed up. I assume the way this was processed was changed, and it's really hurt the games, on Android 4.1 JellyBean. I got a friend with the same OS, same issue I have.
I think both of our devices have the same processor. The Ouya's hardware basically. But his is an actual Android.
I personally think the issue is either on 0.9.8619, or inbetween 0.9.8611 and 0.9.8619 Though with 0.9.8831 I think. The Read framebuffer from CPU and GPU got messed up. It shows the top half of your screen twice. One is normal, and the second is mirrored under it.
I would be more than willing to officially start testing PPSSPP for the Ouya, but I don't know where to begin. Just as something. 0.9.8611 is a good place to start for the Ouya, if it can be updated any further on Ouya.

I hope this wasn't too much babbling.
-1Timestones
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Performance drop in v0.9.8xxxx - nex86 - 05-25-2014, 11:21 PM
RE: Performance drop in v0.9.8xxxx - 1Timestones - 05-30-2014 02:31 AM