Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
kernel32.dll problem cant open the emulator Help pls !
04-27-2014, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 09:45 AM by badjackass.)
Bug kernel32.dll problem cant open the emulator Help pls !
i cant open the psp emulator and its say "the procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL.32.dll."

and i try to fix kernel32.dll files but when i try to replace kernel32.dll it gives me that my disk is write-protected or currently in use so i cant replace it.
Help me pls!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 10:04 AM
RE: kernel32.dll problem cant open the emulator Help pls !
1.Did you installed VC++ 2013 Redistributable x86...not downloaded the dll files msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll
2.Is this Win7(can't be 100% because there are XP skins that make it look like that)

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
04-27-2014, 10:19 AM
yes i already install VC++ 2013 Redistributable x86 n im using win xp sp2
04-27-2014, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 10:27 AM by vsub_.)
You need to install Service Pack 3,otherwise VC++ 2013 will not work correctly and you'll get that error.
PS.Installing it,it will probably mess your themes because to use those themes,you need a patched uxtheme.dll(which you currently have)but when you install SP3,it will replace that file with the updated original which don't allow running non ms themes

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
04-27-2014, 10:34 AM
thanks for the info !
ill tell u after i install sp3
05-27-2014, 07:35 AM
Just to add to this discussion, could somebody tell me why PPSSPP is now using VC++2013?

I know newer and brighter but there are more than a few people who still run a solid XP SP2 OS. Personally I "upgraded" my Laptop from win7 to a custom XP so my machine runs exactly how I want it to.... apart from not being able to upgrade to the latest emu Sad

It seems even open source now wants to push us into these more restrictive... I mean advanced... operating systems.

Is this really where we part ways? Tongue
05-27-2014, 09:09 AM
L0c3l: it's nothing to do with pushing for newer version without a reason. Microsoft is very slow in implementing the new C++ standard (C++11). Even VS2013 doesn't have it fully implemented. GCC and and Clang (commonly used compilers on Linux and OSX) had these standards working almost completely in 2011 and having to use a very old and outdated standard just to support an already obsolete service pack (why wouldn't you update to the newest?) seems like a ridiculous thing to do for a hobby project.
05-27-2014, 09:35 AM
I was kinda kidding about open source projects pushing... I really just wanted to know what's better about the new standard.

It's kinda of like a last straw for me, Almost every tiny little 50kb program now seems to need 2GB worth of dotnet to run and with the new C++ I need an update that I was against since I first researched it. (I'm not enthralled by a few of the things under the hood, it took me weeks to rip all of the crap out of my OS as it is)
That's just me though, it seems.

I'm not unappreciative. I just tested out .96 and I'm loving it. Saved me a fortune on a HDTV to be able to see my games Big Grin
Thank you kind devs Wink