Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved] Incorporate .prx in .iso
05-21-2014, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2014 06:05 AM by vnctdj.)
[Solved] Incorporate .prx in .iso
Hello there, guys!

I've been meaning to play FFT: WotL, but the game suffers from weird slowdowns. It's not related to the emulator, mind you, this is a known problem in the PSP. Fans were able to find the reason of the slowdown and fix it using a .prx plugin. I've used it for years with my UMD to great effect.

Now, I understand that PPSSPP doesn't support seplugins yet, but I can't help but wonder: is there any way to incorporate a .prx plugin into an .iso image?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2014, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 06:49 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: Incorporate .prx in .iso
Maybe modifying your .iso with a software like UMDGen ?
I really don't know, but it might be possible I think Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-21-2014, 07:40 PM
Hmmm, it seems like it could be possible, but I have no idea on how to go about it.

Any ideas here?
05-21-2014, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 10:34 PM by barbanium.)
OMG! After playing FFT: WOTL on my PSP (now continuing on PPSSPP) for like 100+ hours, I just found out that skill/magicks do give the game some weird slowdowns after reading this post! (I had to watch FFT PSX and FFT: WOTL PSP comparison to prove it as well as playing both versions my self Dodgy)

Ok, so after some rigorous research, (usually takes me seconds to google something, this took me hours Angry) I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!

You have two options, the practical solution and the solution you are actually requesting.

PRACTICAL SOLUTION:

1) Go to PPSSPP>Game Settings>Control Mapping...
2) Assign a control input to Unthrottle.
3) In-game, whenever the slowdown starts , press that control input to hasten the game. DONE!

PATCHED GAME SOLUTION:

1) Go to this site: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9208.40. Find the post of Nexus and in that post, there's a download link for "wotl usa fast fix.ppf." Download it, obviously.
2) Go to this site: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/356/. Click "Download File Now" to download it. Unzip the downloaded file.
3) From the unzipped downloaded folder "pdx-pom3," open "ppf-o-matic3.exe"
4) This is where the patching begins! Locate your ripped FFT:WOTL ISO file and make a backup (copy-paste it to somewhere). Now, right-click the ISO file, click Properties, then uncheck the checkbox for "Read-only" under Attributes (we want it to be a NOT read-only file).
5) On "ppf-o-matic3.exe," click the floppy disk icon to the right of "ISO File" then locate your FFT:WOTL ISO file (the one that's NOT read-only, NOT the backup).
6) After that, click the floppy disk icon to the right of "Patch" then locate the downloaded "wolt usa fast fix.ppf." Click "Apply."
7) Open PPSPP then load the patched ISO file. There shouldn't be any slowdowns when the casting animation starts. DONE!

If ever you messed up any of the steps above/the patching method doesn't work for you, delete the patched ISO and just play the backup ISO with the PRACTICAL SOLUTION. Cheers! Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
05-21-2014, 10:45 PM
Indeed, I found out about the .ppf patch after I posted here. Been a member in that forum since forever, and not once did I know those guys made a .ppf version. Well, you learn something new every day! Big Grin
05-21-2014, 10:53 PM
So I guess, you didn't really need this tutorial then Dodgy. Oh well, I learned something today thanks to you. Smile

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
05-22-2014, 01:37 AM
I didn't, but you never know, someone who stumbles upon this topic on the net might! I also spent a few hours browsing after it, but the next guys will have their work done for them Big Grin
05-22-2014, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2014 06:05 AM by vnctdj.)
RE: [Solved] Incorporate .prx in .iso
Glad to see that your problem is solved Smile

Thread's title edited.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2