Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP on iphone 4? does it work? how slow/fast?
05-03-2014, 06:20 PM
PPSSPP on iphone 4? does it work? how slow/fast?
hey guys, i just wanted to know how fast/slow ppsspp runs on an iphone 4 from anyone whos tried it. does something like crisiscore run at playable speeds? maybe with frame skip set to auto? please let me know, thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 08:21 AM
RE: PPSSPP on iphone 4? does it work? how slow/fast?
it doesn't work for me at all, when i press on game ppsspp just minimizes Undecided
05-04-2014, 06:56 PM
well that sucks. has anyone successfully run ppsspp on an iphone 4? is it even compatible?
05-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Yes it possible , I'm running it non jailbroken on my iPhone 5s and iPad Air. I downloaded the ipa, and then purchased App Addict (non jailbroken version ) and then just signed the app, and it does all the rest, so simple.

Only problem I'm having now is that when I run the app I'm having trouble adding games to it, it allows me to access my iphone , but since it's not jailbroken I can't access any files. Anyone want to help me from here ??
05-04-2014, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2014 10:21 PM by HansGruber.)
(05-04-2014 10:09 PM)Jmofmt Wrote:  Yes it possible , I'm running it non jailbroken on my iPhone 5s and iPad Air. I downloaded the ipa, and then purchased App Addict (non jailbroken version ) and then just signed the app, and it does all the rest, so simple.

Only problem I'm having now is that when I run the app I'm having trouble adding games to it, it allows me to access my iphone , but since it's not jailbroken I can't access any files. Anyone want to help me from here ??

.... this thread is about the IPHONE 4 ... NOT the 5s or ipad.
05-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Woah there bro calm down.

And yeah I had it working on my last phone , iPhone 4 as well except it was jailbroken.

Everything ran great, just gotta make sure to read through the FAQ for performance enhancement via iOs and you should be good.
05-06-2014, 03:42 AM
(05-05-2014 08:14 PM)Jmofmt Wrote:  Woah there bro calm down.

And yeah I had it working on my last phone , iPhone 4 as well except it was jailbroken.

Everything ran great, just gotta make sure to read through the FAQ for performance enhancement via iOs and you should be good.

well i didnt see anything in the FAQ about "performance enhancement via IOS" but thats good to hear it ran ok for you. on a normal iphone 4? not an s or g? what games do you remember running well? (im thinking of getting a cheap 4, which is why im so curious)
05-06-2014, 04:31 AM
i had an iphone 4 laying around and tried it. With a lot of tweaking, i got Avatar, Dragon ball another road and fifa street to run at full speed with some hiccups and no sound of course.
05-06-2014, 05:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 05:21 AM by HansGruber.)
(05-06-2014 04:31 AM)POGO4LIFE Wrote:  i had an iphone 4 laying around and tried it. With a lot of tweaking, i got Avatar, Dragon ball another road and fifa street to run at full speed with some hiccups and no sound of course.

could you try crisis core or ghosts n goblins? and i guess you mean with sound the emu runs too slow?
05-11-2014, 03:13 PM
I had Dracula X Chronicles running on my old iPhone4 with the right settings. It wasn't full speed, but it was pretty close. You'll need to experiment, but it will definitely run, though I'm not sure if you'll be able to play Crisis Core on it.
05-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Any game I try to launch PPSSPP just crashes, anyone can help?
iPhone 4 7.1.1
05-13-2014, 05:24 PM
i guess u need ifunbox on ur pc to access ram files on the iphone and place your games there.tap on games in your ppsspp app and locate the fold where you place your games with your ppsspp enjoy.
05-14-2014, 02:08 PM
i already know where to place games, it just doesn't work for me