Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dolphin Android Port ?
02-25-2013, 03:33 AM
Exclamation Dolphin Android Port ?
can you port dolphin emulator to android, is it possible ?
i play dolphin emulator on my old pc work fine, but when i play jpcsp it's slow[14FPS]. psp can be ported to android, wii must also be.
[sorry for my english]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2013, 05:31 AM
RE: Dolphin Android Port ?
The Dolphin team is already working on it. Although it's quite slow right now, Wii is harder than you might think.

-[Unknown]
02-25-2013, 07:51 AM
The reason that Dolphin is running faster than JPCSP on your PC is simply that JPCSP is a very slow emulator...
02-25-2013, 08:22 AM
thank's for your response
can you made nds emulator if ppsspp has finished
i can't find fast nds emulator for android. you can made psp emulator for android, You should also be able to make fastest nds emulator. because nds hardware is lower than psp
02-25-2013, 08:39 AM
I probably could, but I'm not interested in NDS and I don't have time for more emulator projects.
02-25-2013, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 09:03 AM by hardcode212.)
okay.
by the way, if ppsspp has finished what the minimum specs for android to run the game smoothly.
my android is low-end device, there is specification :
Android 4.0.3
800 mhz armv7 processor
512 mb memory
adreno 200 gpu
02-25-2013, 09:10 AM
The Adreno 200 may hold you back from playing decent 3D PSP games.
800MHz is a bit on the slow side too (but we can be hopeful the JIT will be good enough).
02-25-2013, 10:30 AM
there es already two open source nintendo ds emulators, nds4droid and dsdroid. Both Of them seem to be stuck in the jit part and could use a helping hand.

With that issue solved, nintendo ds emulation could be considered playable on android.

Anyone up to the task?
02-26-2013, 12:36 AM
DS is already full speed with interpreter on many Android devices.
With JIT it will be fullspeed on Symbian Smile

By the way, why are we talking about 3 different consoles in one topic?
02-26-2013, 03:26 PM
I'm going to make a external board to plug android devices for playing high console, such as ps2 and ....

World can be so nice with kind

Lg Optimus 3D Max
02-26-2013, 04:14 PM
I think from next year, the JIT in emulators will not need to be so complex, because I believe that the processors will begin to have at least 2Ghz overclock. This clock has a cortex A9 gives an awesome result, it is used in PS Vita, in a cortex A15, for example, will be twice the power. I think it will be already possible to start designing some emulators sixth generation of videogames, as the PS2, even if it runs at 20-30FPS, already a good sign.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
02-27-2013, 01:02 AM
JIT can only get more complex in future. We are emulating newer consoles/devices each time. Newer consoles have fancy new chips with complicated instruction sets. All these vector instructions that need replicated and so on.
It may get a bit easier if there is already opensource code for every possible mapping (PPC->ARM, MIPS->ARM, etc.) but nothing to do with the hardware improving.

We'll always want to use JIT, even if interpreter is fast enough, simply because it saves battery life (which is always a precious thing).