Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Texture shimmer
04-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Texture shimmer
Is there a known method for eliminating texture shimmer? I get this pretty bad in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Version.

I've tried different texture filtering, scaling, anisotropic, etc but nothing works.

Also tried negative lod bias, trilinear optimization and others in NVidia control panel. Nothing has an effect on the shimmering.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 08:34 PM
RE: Texture shimmer
To those that may not know what I mean by texture shimmer, I'm referring to how a texture at a certain angle appears to move or sort of sparkle when the screen is in motion. Anyone else have this or know a solution?
04-27-2014, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 10:26 PM by Donel.)
RE: Texture shimmer
The best you can do is to set the internal resolution to 2*Window Size, it's the setting that eliminates most of aliasings, be it on textures or geometry.

I play everything at 1920x1080 full screen and 8x internal resolution, wich is 3160x2176. I also turn on FXAA, it helps to eliminate the remaining aliasing on geometry.

As for Texture Filtering and Texture Scaling, the best is to leave the first at default (Linear) and the second at off. Texture Scaling worsens texture aliasing.

SMAA or TXAA shoud take care of this, but I don't think they will be implemented on PPSSPP anytime soon.