Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do devs think of Freedreno/Lima drivers?
04-22-2014, 06:45 PM
What do devs think of Freedreno/Lima drivers?
It's a known issue the limited/weird support and the bad OGL implementations on Mali and (but mostly) Adreno devices and I wanted to make a discussion what devs think of these two projects:

Freedreno (Adreno/Qualcomm):
http://freedreno.github.io/
Lima (Mali):
http://limadriver.org/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2014, 06:29 AM
RE: What do devs think of Freedreno/Lima drivers?
im curious too what Freedreno driver can do at ppsspp project , maybe improvement ? i am snapdragon user (adreno 330) but i dont know how to use that driver on my phone , i am free to test this if someone need it Big Grin

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis
04-23-2014, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 03:52 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
Theoriticaly, you could replace from your device's source the drivers and build an AOSP/CM ROM for it. People report great improvements but my question was basicaly around stuff like the OGL implementation issues.
I could try to build myself a CM ROM for a device if a developer wants to test it btw. (Blind Build)
04-23-2014, 04:54 PM
(04-23-2014 03:52 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  Theoriticaly, you could replace from your device's source the drivers and build an AOSP/CM ROM for it. People report great improvements but my question was basicaly around stuff like the OGL implementation issues.
I could try to build myself a CM ROM for a device if a developer wants to test it btw. (Blind Build)

Can't this be implemented in a custom kernel?

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
04-23-2014, 08:12 PM
^Yes. Exactly. Dunno if a stock ROM though would work with those drivers, that's why I said an AOSP/CM ROM. But as I said I'm not sure it won't work either.