Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
"DisableAlphaTest" option
12-25-2021, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2021 06:39 AM by inukaze.)
RE: "DisableAlphaTest" option
I need this option for fix textures on Outrun 2006. Well i going to search how replace textures on PPSPP for this game, just to see is possible to fix the textures of sea/ocean/water, sky, because just are awful black textures on PPSSPP v1.11.3 (on the PPSSPP v1.12.3 the emulator just load a very lot of glitch instead of normal game like before versions)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Latest git builds should likely fix the black panel glitches. Are you on iOS?

The setting to disable alpha tests only ever caused bugs when it was on, it was a speedhack because some devices get really slow when alpha tests are run. We found ways to silently disable alpha testing when it wasn't needed, which reduced the speed benefit of the setting. Then we removed it because it turned into a checkbox that mostly meant "make graphics worse," which is pretty pointless.

If you're seeing specific wonky behavior, including your device, a screenshot, steps to reproduce (I don't have this game myself, but other developers may) would help. We really want to fix games and have them work for everyone without having to mess with settings (though sometimes graphics enhancement settings will inevitably break games.)

-[Unknown]
06-21-2022, 06:54 AM
What ive noticed that with buffer and frameskip 2 ive got less fps than without frameskip