Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If there are any chance to be compatible with Android-X86?
04-16-2014, 07:14 AM
If there are any chance to be compatible with Android-X86?
I'm Chinese, sorry for my bad English.

I'm using an android-x86(Z2580) tablet, when playing PPSSPP, it shows bad compatibility with most of the games.
When emulator's version is 0.9.6 and older, I can still play Project DIVA and some other games. But when updated to 0.9.8, I've got all games unplayable. Like Project DIVA, when I passed all logos and about to enter the main menu(Select new game or load saved files), emulator auto exited without any messages.
I've changed some options in settings menu, but have no effects. Sometimes I can enter and play the game normally, but still goes wrong when I start the game next time.

I haven't use adb logcat to see logs so I can't give more information. But PPSSPP does compatible for Android-X86 in the past. So there are any chances that our Intel Atom users can play with PPSSPP again?

By the way I really want to say something about key press delay. It really disturb me when I'm playing rhythm games. There are any solutions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2014, 01:16 AM
RE: If there are any chance to be compatible with Android-X86?
I wonder if this is because of SSE4, and it's not being detected/used properly...

Have you tried 0.9.7? It would help to know the first version (ideally exact from the buildbot) that doesn't work / the last one that did work. Most likely there was some change that broke compatibility with your device.

-[Unknown]
04-17-2014, 02:13 AM
Intel Z2560 and Z2580 do NOT support SSE4. It's SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3 only.
04-17-2014, 02:50 AM
What will happen if my CPU not support SSE4?
04-17-2014, 12:44 PM
This is unexpected. I'll test some stuff on my weird Chinese x86 tablet soon and see if I can figure something out.
04-18-2014, 05:25 AM
To clarify, we are detecting SSE4 and only using SSE4 where supported - unless we have a bug. I don't have anything that doesn't have SSE4 to test with. So, it's possible that such a bug is causing the problem.

Of course, I do not mean that PPSSPP intentionally began requiring SSE4, SSE3, or SSSE3. The minimum is SSE2, which I'm sure your device supports.

-[Unknown]
04-18-2014, 01:11 PM
I remember I had a simmilar issue but I found out a way how to avoid the crash. I think not loading a save and just starting a new game fixed it(?) which still is not good.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=10903