Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
11-23-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Actually, this game is currently affected by our pitch handling. Right now we use nearest neighbor sampling rather than interpolation, which would probably improve the audio in this game a bit. That being said, even the original game indeed didn't have absolutely perfect sound effects...

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2015, 11:50 PM
Ahh so the strange sounds for some attacks come from the original game?
02-15-2016, 11:14 PM
I can't fathom how people can play this game.

Can anyone tell me how to make the slowdown during abilities stop happening? Holding right trigger every time someone attacks or casts a spell is infuriating. It also seems to break the music half of the time.

I've tried 3 different ROMs, 4 different ppf patches, and nothing works. I've tried default settings, I've toggled every setting in hundreds of configurations for 2 hours now. Nothing changes it.

I can't stand to play the game like this, and I don't know how anyone can.

I'd appreciate input from anyone who has fixed this.
02-16-2016, 04:02 AM
It's a flaw in the original game. Settings won't help. I'm not sure what to tell you about the patches, but that should be the solution. Anyway, make sure you're using your own copy of the ISO - there's no telling what could be wrong / mismatched with a PPF and some hacked version of the game.

-[Unknown]
02-28-2016, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2016 02:44 AM by Morticus.)
Angel Hello all. I'm fairly new to this forum, as in I just became a member a few seconds ago. But enough of that. I don't know how well the audio works, because I have it disabled. However, I have settings specifically for the android version of PPSSPP that gives me everything smoothly, even the movie clips in FFT.Big Grin Well, here they are:

Graphics Settings

Buffered rendering, simulate block transfer disabled, frameskip at 2, auto frameskip enabled, prevent fps from exceeding 60, Alt speed unlimited, hardware transform enabled, vertex cache enabled, lazy texture caching enabled, spine/bezier curves quality: high, upscale level: off, upscale type: xBRZ, Anisotropic filtering: off, texture filtering: linear, screen scaling filter: linear

System Settings

Fast Memory enabled and Cheats enabled

The cheats actually work perfectly on FFT w/ these settings. Hope this helped people who still had trouble. If the audio happens to work with these settings, feel free to put it out there lol. Big Grin Enjoy!

BTW, I have android 4.4.2, on the HTC Desire 510, with the latest version of PPSSPP. Once again, hope this helps Big Grin
03-12-2016, 06:52 AM
Hello, i have some problem with this game, can anyone please help me find solution?

I played with settings a bit and managed make game look preety and run on ok speed, but there is an annoying problem. Textures seems to "load-up" every time action happens, text-box appears. They looks pixelated and next moment, 1-2 seconds later - smooth. I attached some screenshots to illustrate it. How can i make them smooth all the time and not pixelated at the start? Thanks in advance, any suggestions are much appreciated!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-13-2016, 08:15 AM
(03-12-2016 06:52 AM)lexaduna Wrote:  Hello, i have some problem with this game, can anyone please help me find solution?

I played with settings a bit and managed make game look preety and run on ok speed, but there is an annoying problem. Textures seems to "load-up" every time action happens, text-box appears. They looks pixelated and next moment, 1-2 seconds later - smooth. I attached some screenshots to illustrate it. How can i make them smooth all the time and not pixelated at the start? Thanks in advance, any suggestions are much appreciated!

Tick "Lazy Texture Cache" or something close
Im too lazy to check the setting's name if Im right or not

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
03-24-2016, 08:51 PM
I have a extrange glitch, when a character attack with dash, the characters tranform in squares and the screen move to the sky and naver come back, any solution?
03-25-2016, 05:46 PM
Have you tried turning off all hacks and switching to default settings?

-[Unknown]
05-04-2016, 02:16 PM
(03-25-2016 05:46 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Have you tried turning off all hacks and switching to default settings?

-[Unknown]

Yes, that no fix the problem, I have a Sony Z3
06-07-2016, 11:49 PM
So has anyone gotten this game to work right with this emulator on Windows 10? I get sound glitches (popping, clicking, etc) and slowdowns during spell animations. Have a Lenovo Edge 15 Laptop w/ GTX840M. Graphics card utilization is low.
06-08-2016, 01:48 AM
Remember to compare the gameplay with a real PSP. This game is infamous for having slowdowns on real PSPs, but there's a patch that fixes it - both for real PSPs and PPSSPP.

-[Unknown]
06-08-2016, 12:14 PM
(06-08-2016 01:48 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Remember to compare the gameplay with a real PSP. This game is infamous for having slowdowns on real PSPs, but there's a patch that fixes it - both for real PSPs and PPSSPP.

-[Unknown]

Oh okay. thanks! I actually have tried 5 PSP games and all of them do this. Do you know how to easily find these patches?
06-08-2016, 09:30 PM
To be clear, I'm talking about the sound popping not during spell animations. I did some research about the patching and it appears to be aimed at correcting the PSP version's problems. I downloaded the emulator on my galaxy S4 and the game plays the same. Clicks and pops in the sound. I also installed the emulator on another PC with a actual pcie graphics card and it does the same, yet I've seen YouTube videos of people playing it smoothly. What gives?
06-09-2016, 01:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 01:49 AM by [Unknown].)
Sorry, I often miss pops and clicks unless they're pretty obvious, since I don't have spectacular hearing. I know this game has some pitch issues still, so if it has pops and clicks I don't notice, I'm willing to believe it.

Not sure it's likely you'd run across 5 games with the same issue, since most games do not have the same pitch issues. Are you using default settings? If not, try reverting to defaults.

If you're using some wireless device or headset to play the audio, these usually introduce latency and cause problems. Additionally, if your display syncs at less than 60 fps (for example, Nexus 5 has apparently a firmware bug which causes a 58 fps refresh rate), you'll need to enable auto frameskipping or you WILL get pops and clicks in games that run at 60 fps (30 fps games should be fine.)

Otherwise, you should verify you're getting 100% speed. If you're not, you need to use frameskipping or turn down settings (like upscaling.) You can verify by enabling the FPS display in settings, set it to "Both." If it shows less than 100%, you'll probably get audio issues because PSP games produce sound realtime - if they aren't running realtime, the audio won't be smooth either.

-[Unknown]