Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
01-23-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Had the problem with the black screen too, I had to enable Buffered Rendering to get rid of it. However, come what might, the framerate is horrible without frameskip Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2014, 01:43 AM
(01-19-2014 02:47 AM)Oddnumber Wrote:  The sound effects in-game are pretty bad here, is there any solotion for this?

They're better than they were.

A lot better.

They don't sound like a drug addict is trying to sing the sound effects inbetween injections.
01-27-2014, 11:22 AM
(01-24-2014 01:43 AM)Furby Wrote:  
(01-19-2014 02:47 AM)Oddnumber Wrote:  The sound effects in-game are pretty bad here, is there any solotion for this?

A lot better.

They don't sound like a drug addict is trying to sing the sound effects inbetween injections.

Wat?
01-29-2014, 11:05 PM
This is weird, just yesterday i was playing it and it was working just fine. but now whenever i try to fire it up, i get the black screen problem =( nothing has changed at all. but no tinkering with the settings seems to fix it.
01-30-2014, 03:13 AM
Try renaming memstick/PSP/SYSTEM/ppsspp.ini to something like "ppsspp-backup.ini". Maybe a clean setting reset will help.

Also, try temporarily moving out your saves in memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA (maybe SAVEDATA-backup) just to see if that's throwing it for a loop. Can always rename either back.

-[Unknown]
01-31-2014, 04:05 PM
the game starts normally but when the cut scene ends everything goes black till the next cut scene

non-buffered rendering

other renderings does not work i do not even see the cut scenes
01-31-2014, 04:30 PM
(01-31-2014 04:05 PM)theprince Wrote:  the game starts normally but when the cut scene ends everything goes black till the next cut scene

non-buffered rendering

What device and OS are you using? What emulator version are you playing on? Also can you try playing the game on older version of the emulator and see if you get the same issue?
01-31-2014, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 05:21 PM by theprince.)
it works on my xperia arc s but not on my pc but it crashes before the first battle

(01-31-2014 04:30 PM)ChrisHateZ Wrote:  
(01-31-2014 04:05 PM)theprince Wrote:  the game starts normally but when the cut scene ends everything goes black till the next cut scene

non-buffered rendering

What device and OS are you using? What emulator version are you playing on? Also can you try playing the game on older version of the emulator and see if you get the same issue?

where can i download older version any link please

i have windows 7
i3 2.23GHZ
version 0.9.6 and 0.9.5 and 0.9.1
02-01-2014, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014 06:01 PM by The Phoenix.)
Information RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
I have just played from the beginning of this game, and have just had 3 fights & it works fine.

Download latest version of emulator from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php

I used latest build: v0.9.6-713-gde0aca4 on my Windows 7 (x86) PC.

Make sure its on Buffered Rendering.

Hope that helps Cool
02-01-2014, 06:16 PM
(01-27-2014 11:22 AM)Oddnumber Wrote:  
(01-24-2014 01:43 AM)Furby Wrote:  

A lot better.

Wat?

People that have been trying these out for a while now (Months and months back) can attest to this. The sound effects are several orders of magnitude times better than they were even just Pre 0.9.5.
02-01-2014, 09:27 PM
I'm starting to think that the black screen is just a problem for everyone who has the standard Intel Mobile Chipset instead of a real graphics card. Getting the cut scene-> black screen with sound and functions problem on my old Windows 7 pc and no combination of PPSSPP visual settings is having an effect. No difference switching between latest 9.6 and old 9.5 as well.

Very frustrating to know that there's a working game there that you can't see, but I'm betting that if there's a solution out there, someone smarter than I am will figure it out.

(02-01-2014 06:00 PM)The Phoenix Wrote:  I have just played from the beginning of this game, and have just had 3 fights & it works fine.

Download latest version of emulator from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php

I used latest build: v0.9.6-713-gde0aca4 on my Windows 7 (x86) PC.

Make sure its on Buffered Rendering.

Hope that helps Cool
02-15-2014, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2014 08:51 PM by TranceProgHouse.)
The latest release as of today for ppsspp, 0.9.7 sounds significantly better in terms of audio - at least in my previous experience. I haven't tested very far into the game, but referencing the very first battle at Orbonne Monastery I notice during certain ability animations such as Gaffgarion's Shadow Blade, the maximum fps the emulator is allowing is 15, compared to 60 during gameplay, and 30 during the pre-battle objective screen (where it says you have to defeat all enemies to win). This maximum is consistent despite trying out a variety of emulation settings so (not knowing anything about emulating a game) I assume this is specific to the emulator's design. Is it possible to raise this maximum - or is this coded due to graphics instability?

All in all though great job by those involved in the emulation! We appreciate it.
02-15-2014, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2014 09:53 PM by TheDax.)
It's not because of the emulator's design. It's how the game was written for the PSP. It was designed to slow down to 15 FPS when spells are onscreen.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...0#pid50800

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
02-16-2014, 12:37 AM
(02-15-2014 09:53 PM)TheDax Wrote:  It's not because of the emulator's design. It's how the game was written for the PSP. It was designed to slow down to 15 FPS when spells are onscreen.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...0#pid50800

Great thanks, I will try that patch.
02-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Hello, maybe it isn't the forum right fo that but someone know some cwcheat for this game, i finished 3 time ff tactics for psp, and i am only playing for get dark knight and other stuff, and i want do a bit quickly, i find a jp and exp cheat i will maybe prove it this weekend, but i want know if there is a poach cheat too, thz