Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 3.78 Average
[Tutorial] Android-Host LocalMultiplayer using PortableWifiHotspot
07-28-2014, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2014 04:06 PM by madara11203.)
RE: [Tutorial] Android-Host LocalMultiplayer using PortableWifiHotspot
Android user here who wants to play online.How do you make pro.coldbird.net your adhoc server?Sorry if you have answered this before.Edit.i think i got it to work i changed the ini file to pro.coldbird.net.In game i can enter up to 24 gathering halls but no one is inside I'm guessing this is because noone on the coldbird server is playing mhfu at this time?Please correct me if i am wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Maybe we should direct people to colbirds server so that we can start getting more people on it?Even in one of coldbirds post he wrote that he was going to update his servers because he knew that eventually alot of the monster hunter community would start using it.
07-28-2014, 11:37 PM
Most Likely...
Last time I checked MHFU's Status, I only got 1-3 People, and probably on different rooms/channels so others won't bother them.
Same thing on MH3rd, 15-20players - Most of the time, I can only find them in Ch7/17. Sometimes, ch1 is full.

Enter pro.coldbird.net on your browser to check it's status.

| Testing Rig: Windows10 PC |
->Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
->GPU: Nvidia GTX660 GDDR5 1GB
->RAM: 8GB DDR3
07-31-2014, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 08:54 AM by nc50lc.)
I've tried Monster Hunter Freedom Unite in coldbird.
Successfully finished a quest with random players (QUEEN & Balkeriya)
25% alt speed doesn't work for me, 15% does with the right timing (alternate speed after the sound, normal speed 2sec after beginning quest text appears). Normal speed always broke up our group.

btw, MHFU is now rocketing!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=12302]

Good thing it is possible.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-31-2014, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 05:38 PM by madara11203.)
Its interesting i'm on android and whenever i check colbird status page and i see people playing freedom unite and portable 3rd i go into my own ppsspp and go to the online hall and go to different rooms but i never see anyone.I know i'm on the server because if there were 8 people playing freedom unite the minute i go into my online hall it goes up to 9 people so i know the ninth person is me.i get the feeling that i'm missing something important but dont know what it is.I should point out that i'm just testing the online to get it to work once it does i'm gonna restart freedom unite or portabke 3rd depending on which generally has more people.

Like do i have to post a quest for people to appear in the room or something?First time trying the online so not exactly sure.Thought that if people are already in a room if you go in it you will see them.
07-31-2014, 11:16 PM
You're counted as 9th, not a ghost, so it must be working fine.
In my screenshot above (13ppl) only 2 are in ch1.
BTW, have you tried enabling DMZ on your router? But I had tried this with PPSSPP before without it.

You can also host an offline local multiplayer game using your Android, just follow the first post. (I assume that your PSP already have procfw firmware and pro online client just change the Adhoc Server to 192.168.43.1

08-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Any hope capcom brings it to android later this year?
08-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Never heard a thing. Just Only IoS, and Pc versions. How Frustrating.
Good thing PPSSPP is here.

08-07-2014, 04:10 AM
Every time I press online hall everything is still running but I can't move at all and nothing happens, please help ASAP
08-07-2014, 05:54 AM
If it doesn't freeze, it definitely trying to connect to the server but the connection is unstable.

btw, I encountered same problem with my other device (Kitkat4.4.2/non-rooted) using versions 0.9.8above. Do you happen to receive an error message at the start saying "hardware transform failed, falling back to software"? (if you had, upgrade to 0.9.9)

Hotspot(local) or Coldbird(online)?

08-07-2014, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 02:49 AM by anonymous112.)
A communications error ocurred'
That's all I get

Using hotspot with my sister btw
We both get the same message, she is connecting to my hotspot, sorry for posting so much its just I'm kinda a noob, trying to do a local. Again, I'm just a noon.
08-08-2014, 03:56 AM
I tried this many times but I still can't get this to work.. I use an HTC one M7 and I set the WiFi hotspot through my routers internet connection. I changed the Adhoc server to 192.168.43.1 on both devices (Nexus 5). I changed the Mac addresses. I enabled WiFi lan in settings. I opened the adhoc server app in background and tried in multiple games, but I still can't get it to work. I also tried changing the adhoc server to my ipv4 address on both devices, but still not working. I also noticed in my phone's settings that my ip address that I entered in the adhoc server setting it changes over time on both devices.. Like the last 2 digits change from 27 to 43 and different numbers show up on both phones even when they are connected to the same network. Idk if I misread the directions or something, or did something wrong. Can someone please help? Thanks!!
08-08-2014, 05:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 05:41 AM by nc50lc.)
The only option I see for you is to use your phone's Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=12380]
Mostly Under Settings->more->Wireless and Networks / Settings->Wireless and Networks

I have edited the first post for most users using router are experiencing failure, I'll repost a router procedure if I successfully found its reason.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Hey nc50lc why not just start another thread to direct people to pro.coldbird.net and it will contain how to connect properly to pro.codlbird.net , if its works on android it will be good , and recently i trying to connect to pro.coldbird.net , with DMZ disable on the router you can connect but not seeing anyone in guildhall and its not counted as ghost , when i enable the DMZ taraa i can see the other player and play without problem , no speed trick anymore with ppsspp 0.9.9 and later ,i cant make the tutorial cause im quite busy with my exam now Undecided

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis
08-09-2014, 06:21 AM
That's a good idea!
I will make a thread after few more tests, I'm getting trouble starting the quest without alternate speed trick on Android (maybe it's my ping) I only got 4 out of 10 successful starts, others just got stuck in "preparing quest" for 10minutes long.

I'll try normal start this time...