Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
LittleGPTracker aka Piggy Tracker
03-29-2014, 07:33 PM
LittleGPTracker aka Piggy Tracker
LGPT is a music making software that's written in SDL so it runs on many platforms, including PSP. However, there's no Android port so I'm giving it a go in PPSSPP.

My friend with a Nexus 5 running Android 4.4 was able to get LGPT to boot and play back the included demo song, but I'm having no such luck on my NVIDIA Shield running Android 4.3.

He had to change some config settings (System -> Emulation -> uncheck everything unstable/experimental, switch to PSP-2000/3000 rather than 1000) but if I copy his setting exactly I still get nothing but a black screen and PPSSPP freezes up (have to kill the process). However, if I turn on Graphics -> Software rendering (experimental) then it's just a black screen and I'm able to hit the back button and try out different settings.

I know the FAQ says don't even bother posting about black screens but since a friend was able to get it to run I'm hoping there's something obvious I'm missing that someone with more experience can point me at after reviewing the above info.

Thanks much in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2014, 12:58 AM
RE: LittleGPTracker aka Piggy Tracker
I've also tried LGPT maaaany times on maaaaany Android devices on PPSSPP and have had no luck getting past a black screen. I don't have any Kitkat devices yet but I'll be borrowing a friend's 2nd gen Nexus 7 running 4.4 tomorrow to see if I can get this combo going too... I'll report back with the result.
03-31-2014, 01:51 AM
No dice getting Piggy to go on the latest Nexus 7 / 4.4, despite a lot of tinkering with all the settings mentioned above (all I got were the softcontrols - black screen from there), but we now have reports on the LGPT listserv of several other 4.4 device owners (Droid Mini, Galaxy Note 3) getting PPSSPP to run Piggy successfully.
04-01-2014, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2014 10:30 PM by starpause.)
Just got piggy running on my Samsung Note 3 (Android 4.3) by enabling "Software rendering (experimental)" under settings.

I tried the exact same thing on my NVIDIA SHIELD (also Android 4.3, reset PPSSPP settings to default, enabled software rendering) and get a black screen.

Any ideas?! Maybe has something to do with graphics hardware? Note3 has "Adreno 330" and Shield has "NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor featuring a 72-core NVIDIA GeForce® GPU and quad-core ARM® A15 CPU"

Maybe also worth noting... other .pbp/.iso/.cso I've tried run fine on Shield @-@ like the music app pspseq