[Image: wsV5P3Ah.jpg]

http://imgur.com/a/2uC5y
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2016, 01:19 AM
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (MHFU)
That looks great!

[Image: 0w6N9sH.png]
The Great Forest will be a pain in the ass because i wont be able to rip from PS2 if i happen to lack a certain texture, thankfully for the base camp i was only missing foliage which i could splice together from other textures.

[Image: Xm8rc01.png]
Also improving my Vector-based skills to create brand new monster and item icons from scratch, will probably also use it for maps and other graphics.
10-29-2016, 05:40 AM
Wonderful, the icons and hud will look amazing then!

But for the Great Forest you would have to extract its textures from Frontier, since it wasn't on any of the PS2 games, right?
I remember you got some weapon textures from Frontier months ago. Is it much more difficult to get textures from that game?
10-29-2016, 06:29 AM
Pulling frontier textures isn't a problem but using them and distributing packs with them might be...

I used frontier textures as a reference when I was originally thinking about using them for ezmode HDification but because its copyrighted assets from another game ( even thought it's within capcoms IP ) might pose a problem if used in distribution hence why I only look at for reference.

Been really busy so I have nothing to show right now but my biggest problem at the moment is a lack of translators... hopefully I'll find some soon™
10-29-2016, 01:42 PM
If you put it that way then it's the same thing as distributing textures from the ps2 games. It doesn't matter which company they belong to, in the end we are distributing them for free. Though we are slightly modifying them, so maybe it's not that "problematic".

Hope you find some translators!
10-29-2016, 02:06 PM
Did you have a tool that could extract Frontier's assets? I can only extract a a few of them, none of the G Genuine textures at all, they could be good for reference material.

If Capcom complains about using PS2 textures on this pack then we can easily just cut them off thanks to the way ppsspp handles the replacement.
10-31-2016, 01:54 AM
Some progress with the icons:
[Image: WH4eFJom.png][Image: WH5HekTm.png][Image: tm9XA2sm.png]
Obviously i will use the default species colors for the icons as FU doesn't have reference entries for subs like P3rd.
[Image: AYN9UrGm.png]
Wip.
10-31-2016, 09:20 PM
Good!

I couldn't really work on it during the weekend, but here is Crimson Fatalis enraged state v2:

[Image: Ah2ftivh.jpg]

And this is how the normal state looks like:

[Image: NUs9Haph.jpg]

Also, I modified Pink Rathian textures quite a bit , cause I didn't really like how the original ones looked like:

[Image: Hl3y9Fth.jpg]

http://imgur.com/a/bys1N
10-31-2016, 09:39 PM
Those are looking great!
I especially like how smooth "marble"-like Pink Rathian looks, like a true rare beast.
11-01-2016, 01:39 AM
Do you guys have some weekly/monthly/annual release of those textures cuz daaanng they look really good... I've tried doing this but I can't make textures look as good as what you guys make without making mine cartoonish looking.

I know I haven't done much to help you guys out with this and I kinda feel like I'm just a freeloader by saying this but I'd be really happy if I can have my hands on these. Seriously man... nothing can top these textures...

(Also if you can I'd like to know how you achieve these textures. I'd be interested in trying to help out on some stuff like weapons and armors and stuff.)
11-01-2016, 03:17 AM
guys i need help????
i try to connect my psp and my phone to play MHFU. it works but the problem is the monster that i facing in the psp somehow is different with my phone. is there someone in here know the solution with my problem???
11-01-2016, 04:28 AM
If you mean the small monsters, those aren't synchronized for players, each player has their own minions that other players can't see or interact with.

Only boss monsters are synched, if you're having problems with those then, indeed, something weird is happening.
11-01-2016, 07:19 AM
(11-01-2016 04:28 AM)YukiHerz Wrote:  If you mean the small monsters, those aren't synchronized for players, each player has their own minions that other players can't see or interact with.

Only boss monsters are synched, if you're having problems with those then, indeed, something weird is happening.

owh okay i get it. there isn't anything wrong with that. thanks dude
11-01-2016, 11:45 AM
(11-01-2016 01:39 AM)Rageous Wrote:  Do you guys have some weekly/monthly/annual release of those textures cuz daaanng they look really good... I've tried doing this but I can't make textures look as good as what you guys make without making mine cartoonish looking.

I know I haven't done much to help you guys out with this and I kinda feel like I'm just a freeloader by saying this but I'd be really happy if I can have my hands on these. Seriously man... nothing can top these textures...

(Also if you can I'd like to know how you achieve these textures. I'd be interested in trying to help out on some stuff like weapons and armors and stuff.)

This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think I would share the textures publicly until we finish the project. I may release just a few of them so people can have an idea of how the end project could look like, but again, that'll happen when we are close to finishing the whole thing.

If you really want to help you can send me a PM and I can give you some easy stuff to do which will help speed up the process a bit.
11-01-2016, 04:08 PM
^It's better to drop the big package first rather than drop a small quantity and then disappear...