[Image: vmWHCOLh.jpg]
[Image: gUKmsY1h.jpg]
[Image: 8vhlGuPh.jpg]
[Image: Rf9gFvxh.jpg]
[Image: 3fQ49Nsh.jpg]
[Image: 9mR0N1ph.jpg]
[Image: tHY9I0th.jpg]

http://imgur.com/a/w40DD

Any tip on how to add mipmaps to the textures, Yuki?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2016, 08:01 PM
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (MHFU)
You don't need to bump/quote your post, it's annoying, this isn't an instant messaging web, you should wait at least 1 or 2 days for an answer.

That said, your broken english makes your post hard to read, i know you want to help but from what i see in your page you just make retextures at the same resolution, we are working with higher resolutions and keeping things resembling what they are in the base game, if you think you can help with that, then show us.
10-16-2016, 02:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2016 02:04 AM by VT Studio.)
If you want, i will help you to make mod texture for MHFU,
10-16-2016, 03:57 PM
(10-15-2016 12:01 AM)Icewind Wrote:  Any tip on how to add mipmaps to the textures, Yuki?

They already look pretty good, dunno if you're already doing this, if your workflow allows you to change the intensity of specular lightning, so you can apply the correct amount of shine for each monster's "material".

For example, we know Gypceros' shelling is plastic-like, so it should have small shines rather than large spots of lightning, while Kushala Daora is covered in metal it should reflect light a lot more.
10-16-2016, 06:01 PM
The problem comes when the monsters are far away from the camera. Because of the high resolution of the textures, they look weird and there is texel swimming. With the original textures that wasn't a problem since their resolution was really low.

https://gdbooks.gitbooks.io/legacyopengl...7/Mip.html

I've seen here and here that it is possible to add mipmaps but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it.
10-16-2016, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2016 09:10 PM by YukiHerz.)
You can add "_x" at the end of the hash in the txt file to say this texture is a mipmap, for example.

Code:
00000000c6f5268f0614a566_0 = Monsters/KutKu1.png   //<-The standard 1024x1024 texture
00000000c6f5268f0614a566_1 = Monsters/KutKu1_1.png //<-Halved to 512x512
00000000c6f5268f0614a566_2 = Monsters/KutKu1_2.png //<-Halved again to 256x256
And so forth.

Though i wasn't able to make Monster Hunter generate mipmap textures, they should dump alongside their standards if you have the MipMapping option enabled when dumping. (Graphics->Performance)

Ninja Edit: I don't know if _0 is necessary for the normal-sized texture or not.
10-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I've tried doing that but it didn't work. And as you said, the game doesn't seem to generate mipmaps on its own. I hope we can find a way to force the game to use mipmaps, because it would help a lot; since not only it will make far away textures look better, but also it will demand much less processing power.

The only other way I found to alleviate that problem is to severely increase the emulator internal rendering resolution, which of course will make it demand a lot more processing power. Thankfully the emulator is really well optimized so in relatively good PCs it'll work perfectly well, though of course making it require a much better hardware is not something desirable at all.
10-16-2016, 10:10 PM
Lets hope someone can clear this out.

You could also use FXAA shaders and similars to blur things a little, but that obviously has its drawbacks.

Meanwhile i've been replacing the textures in the desert, then comes the snowy mountains, swamp and jungle in that order.
10-16-2016, 11:17 PM
Yeah, it's a shame. I hope as we continue working on this project we can find out how to do it.

Maybe IncognitoMan has an idea of how to implement that with the tools he's using?

Anyways, I'm fairly sure that for next week I'll have the first version of all the monster textures finished. Big Grin
10-18-2016, 06:44 PM
Just finished replacing the Desert's textures.
[Image: bffrmGul.png]
[Image: W3UEgyhl.png]
[Image: GtLfTuCl.png]
[Image: ni0AI42l.png]
[Image: Ojerfnll.png]

I wonder if forcing MipMapping on the driver config has any positive result.
10-20-2016, 05:15 AM
Nice!

I'm always going back and revisiting textures to make them look better. Though through practice is that I'll get better, so it's fine I guess.

[Image: TS4mV0Bh.jpg]
[Image: bX9k2E6h.jpg]

Sometimes I don't know how should I apply bump mapping because as you said, it depends on the kind of material the monster is supposed to be made of, so I'm gonna need some feedback on that once I finish the first version of the monster texture pack.
10-20-2016, 05:13 PM
I've been replacing the textures from the Town and Tower, since they only have Day versions in FU it's easier to do.
[Image: YGn6Cb0l.png]
Also messing with shaders.
[Image: iYdJz4Sl.png]
[Image: yi6SdoHl.png]
[Image: HxsOpcMl.png]
[Image: XdoBtNyl.png]
[Image: PNO8msul.png]
10-21-2016, 10:16 AM
wow the progress is as good as always , keep a it guys , here is a bonus to community from me so we will have a good online experience with this game.

PPSSPP Chat Feature
[Image: 14712508_10202432916500938_8374861559060008054_o.jpg]

MHFU : Lucis
MHP3RD: Lucis
Online Play Easily [Multiplatform] : PPSSPP Pro Online Indonesia http://proindovpn.net
10-21-2016, 03:24 PM
(10-21-2016 10:16 AM)Adhenovan Wrote:  wow the progress is as good as always , keep a it guys , here is a bonus to community from me so we will have a good online experience with this game.

PPSSPP Chat Feature

Wonderful, though i'm usually in a skype call with the people i'm playing with, this will come in handy for a lot of people.

[Image: 5O3vtiL.png]
Old Jungle is replaced.
10-22-2016, 06:00 AM
Adhenovan, that chat feature will be amazing! It'll surely help people communicate without having to resort to other software. Big Grin

These past few days have been a bit rough for me though, but next week I'll definitely have more time to work on textures.

[Image: lTzJ0Buh.jpg]
[Image: 4hZMttth.jpg]