Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.31 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
03-08-2013, 05:45 PM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
(03-08-2013 01:24 AM)xyther Wrote:  Battle scene is still black screen :/ map is black screen too :/:/ also cant see the characters one battle scene

I still have graphics outside of dungeons/combat, check you settings. Everything except VBO should be ticked on Android. 2x rendering works but is really slow. Latest nightly screenshot:

[Image: fpELz4T.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2013, 07:31 PM
(03-08-2013 05:45 PM)ssshadow Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 01:24 AM)xyther Wrote:  Battle scene is still black screen :/ map is black screen too :/:/ also cant see the characters one battle scene

I still have graphics outside of dungeons/combat, check you settings. Everything except VBO should be ticked on Android. 2x rendering works but is really slow. Latest nightly screenshot:

[Image: fpELz4T.png]

i can see the map outside the dungeon/combat... ig just that i cant see the map in the dungeon also cant see the characters in the combat/dungeon as well :/
03-09-2013, 08:18 AM
(03-08-2013 07:31 PM)xyther Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 05:45 PM)ssshadow Wrote:  

i can see the map outside the dungeon/combat... ig just that i cant see the map in the dungeon also cant see the characters in the combat/dungeon as well :/

Yeah, that is "normal". There are still some other games with missing 3D IIRC, so the bugs should be fixed eventually.
03-09-2013, 09:05 AM
(03-08-2013 07:31 PM)xyther Wrote:  i can see the map outside the dungeon/combat... ig just that i cant see the map in the dungeon also cant see the characters in the combat/dungeon as well :/
If u mean that u can't see the UI in combat(which actually should be there on the black background), that would be strange except for the first combat scene on the rooftop where Yui is doing all the fighting(she da MAAAN) and u just sit back and watch, crunching your chips behind her back.
And the only map visible in the dungeon is a minimap in the left part of the screen.
03-09-2013, 11:31 AM
really want this game to playable Sad

please fix it Angel
03-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Persona 3 Portable
Almost playable. The day scenes run a little slow (34-48 fps) but playable. The music is a bit sluggish and the dungeons are completely black with the exception of the map. There is still movement and speech bubbles popping up but the floor and characters do not render. Almost there, I am really excited for the next update Smile

Using version 0.7 on xperia play
03-13-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: Persona 3 Portable
You gave me a mini-heart attack Angry
I thought the game is at last is fixed from the graphic glitch and moved to playable
there is already a thread in (in-game) section
the game is unplayable yet with this glitch and please read the rules before posting next time
I myself hope the game to be playable soon it's my favorite Sad
03-13-2013, 06:59 PM
(03-13-2013 04:45 PM)siron Wrote:  and please read the rules before posting next time
I'm pretty sure it is not against the rules to report the current status of the game.
(03-13-2013 04:45 PM)siron Wrote:  I myself hope the game to be playable soon it's my favorite

There is still a lot of games that suffer from different kinds of minor or major graphical defects. Persona 3 will be fixed eventually. I actually created a bug for it on Github if you want to track it, but please notice that it is only for developers, so only post if you find something that can benefit the developers, such as perhaps finding that in some future revision toggling certain settings will make the graphics better.

Although my programming skills only allow me to make some really simple games, I can still easily figure out from just looking at the log file that the mostly black 3D is due to some nasty bug in an already implemented function, since there are no logged errors from syscalls and such being stubbed/unimplemented or returning invalid data apart from some ATRAC/MPEG stuff, and something called scesupPreAcc which is afaik unrelated.

tl;dr, be patient, a lot of games are bugged right now.
03-13-2013, 08:32 PM
(03-13-2013 06:59 PM)ssshadow Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 04:45 PM)siron Wrote:  and please read the rules before posting next time
I'm pretty sure it is not against the rules to report the current status of the game.
(03-13-2013 04:45 PM)siron Wrote:  I myself hope the game to be playable soon it's my favorite

There is still a lot of games that suffer from different kinds of minor or major graphical defects. Persona 3 will be fixed eventually. I actually created a bug for it on Github if you want to track it, but please notice that it is only for developers, so only post if you find something that can benefit the developers, such as perhaps finding that in some future revision toggling certain settings will make the graphics better.

Although my programming skills only allow me to make some really simple games, I can still easily figure out from just looking at the log file that the mostly black 3D is due to some nasty bug in an already implemented function, since there are no logged errors from syscalls and such being stubbed/unimplemented or returning invalid data apart from some ATRAC/MPEG stuff, and something called scesupPreAcc which is afaik unrelated.

no offence I meant for him to read the rules about searching for a current post of a game he wanted to talk about before creating a new one.
I am not gonna interfere with the work of developers cause i am don't have any programming skills unfortunately Sad
03-14-2013, 04:25 AM
(03-13-2013 08:32 PM)siron Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 06:59 PM)ssshadow Wrote:  

no offence I meant for him to read the rules about searching for a current post of a game he wanted to talk about before creating a new one.
I am not gonna interfere with the work of developers cause i am don't have any programming skills unfortunately Sad

The game is very "Playable" in it's current state. Just because you can't see what's going on entirely, doesn't mean you can't play it. I just finished the 3rd Full Moon boss on my phone. I've just been navigating the dungeon with the minimap and going off memory as to what is weak to what. Smile
03-14-2013, 12:41 PM
(03-14-2013 04:25 AM)xoleras20099 Wrote:  The game is very "Playable" in it's current state. Just because you can't see what's going on entirely, doesn't mean you can't play it. I just finished the 3rd Full Moon boss on my phone. I've just been navigating the dungeon with the minimap and going off memory as to what is weak to what. Smile
but in dungeons everything is black you see only mini map with your position i played the first dungeon seeing nothing and while in battles you can't see characters or monsters,you can play it but you can't have fun Confused Smile Smile
03-14-2013, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 07:25 PM by Cantant.)
Well, after the thread started it's been actually quite a leap in running the game(it was kinda pitch-black at first). The emulator is being developed almost at a lightspeed comparing to the others(the first PSP emus had quite a limited compatibility and were developed in late 2009 - early 2010, while PSP was released in 2004 = more than 5 years), I'm willing to wait for one or two more months(and more, till it's done) to get Persona 3 fully playable, but I personally don't think it's gonna be that long.
For now, let's just keep the thread up-to-date and follow the nightlies, hopefully we won't have to wait much longer.
PS: If you want to post something useful to the thread, read it first, please, 3 pages is not that much a burden to read.
03-24-2013, 05:22 PM
has the 3D parts been fixed yet? as in the battle sequences and tartarus?
03-24-2013, 06:00 PM
(03-24-2013 05:22 PM)chrisDLCTS Wrote:  has the 3D parts been fixed yet? as in the battle sequences and tartarus?

No, same as always. Since the log has no relevant errors the bug is probably hard to figure out. On the bright side, some bugged and deformed 3D is visible in the uppermost levels of Tartarus (and always has been since the complete darkness bug was fixed, so nothing new, just recently discovered.)

[Image: 5IsSmzI.png]
03-27-2013, 12:36 AM
If you play the game with an Andriod with keyboard, you could the arrows instead, so you don't cover the map because of the direction pad. (I already got like 10 hours playing with just the map.)