Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.31 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
05-14-2017, 06:20 PM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
Hello everyone,

So i just got PPSSPP today, so i could play P3P, and i have the iso and everything, but when i tap it, the screen goes black and the app immediately crashes right after that. Dont really know what to do to fix it, cant find anything.

I am playing on an Iphone 7, and the PPSSPP version is 1.3.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2017, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2017 01:47 PM by Lmor129.)
Hi there bit of a problem with p3p, ppsspp crashes as soon as I enter the protagonists room for the first time. I've tried searching around google for the past couple hours but I can't seem to find anything regarding this particular problem. I'm using the latest version of ppsspp as of today and I'm running it on my HTC one m9. Any help is appreciated.
05-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Hi! recently i downloaded P3P And PPSSPP for android but im having a problem about the Level up screen,The clock,The help screen and the S.link.The Text do not appear on me

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-21-2017, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2017 03:29 AM by Asferot.)
(05-21-2017 12:16 AM)Fluffalpaca Wrote:  Hi! recently i downloaded P3P And PPSSPP for android but im having a problem about the Level up screen,The clock,The help screen and the S.link.The Text do not appear on me

We dont help here with "downloaded" games. Because lots of times the .ISOs are screwed up. Also its piracy.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
06-01-2017, 01:49 AM
If you've already got a way to fix okay then but here is a way to do it so make a save state before you go into your room when the app crashes open PPSSPP and go into p3p and load the save state and it should work Smile
07-02-2017, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2017 06:07 AM by FakeUser.)
Final Edit: Solved, see last paragraph for what fixed it for me if whoever is reading this has the same problem I describe below. Moral of the story: use fast-forward button responsibly; I especially advise against using it just as the game starts to load.

I've got a bit of a bizarre problem. I've been playing this game on version 1.4 of ppsspp (I thought this was the latest version, as I had an option in the program checked that says "Check for new versions of PPSSPP" but apparently doesn't work?) with default emulation settings and have had no problems (including using the program's fast-forward button [R2 by default for me] very heavily) except for one time a few weeks ago when making a save state crashed the program... until today. I was doing a bit of heavy persona doctoring (using skill cards and stat ups, registering, fusing, etc.) and making save states and hard saves regularly as I went. At some point I had just made a saved state, then I summoned Alice, used 2 skill cards on her, and talked to Elizabeth. After selecting the second dialogue option in her first dialogue box, the program hung and closed itself with an error box as I pressed fast-forward. So I opened ppsspp again, opened the game, loaded my latest save state, repeated the same steps, and had the exact same result. I tested this 3+ times. I then decided to try restarting my computer. I re-tested, and again got the same result. Then, I decided to try and turn off the "Fast Memory" option (which, might I remind, have been using the entire game for months of off and on play with no issue). I repeated the same steps again and this time it did not hang and worked properly.

After that though I'm getting a new problem every now and then. As something starts to load or change screens (especially if I fast-forward on and off), the game will freeze (usually on a black screen transition), but ppsspp continues functioning normally (I can even load a save state and it doesn't complain, though trying to get the game to respond is fruitless). So, I tried turning back on Fast Memory. Now I'm suddenly having ppsspp hang right and left (especially when the game has to think about something, like if an enemy in combat gets a turn). Thus I'm forced to turn off Fast Memory again, but still get the occasional game freeze that I can easily recover from if I make frequent save states.

What's going on? Nothing has changed on my computer or the game settings or the ppsspp settings whatsoever. Nothing has updated to my knowledge. I've played through almost to the end of the game and never had this happen. I seem to be able to work around it, but I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to fix this, especially as I'm worried it might somehow get worse. Things that might be worth noting: all of this happened inside Tartarus, and all these issues have been occurring on the same in-game day. I have not tested exiting Tartarus to see if that might flush some bad memory or something, and I have not tested saving with a hard save, quitting in-game, and reloading the save to, again, try and flush some bad memory or something.

If anyone has any ideas on why this is happening or suggestions on how to deal with it better, please let me know!

Edit 1: I just tried resetting the ppsspp settings just in case I had somehow accidentally changed some settings. No effect on my issues. I just tried making a hard save in-game, returning to title screen from in-game menu, loading the file in-game, and made a new save state. Same results again in regards to my issues. I'm now officially baffled.

EDIT 2: big breakthrough, I seem to have fixed the problem, at least for now. I loaded an older save state, and it was working fine with Fast Memory enabled. From that save state, I saved in-game over my main file, loaded it in-game, then loaded the "bad" save state, saved over my main file in-game again, loaded it in-game, then saved over my "bad" save state. I may have gotten some of the ordering mixed up or the steps themselves mixed up, but suffice it to say the file itself was bad (not the save state?), and by saving over it in-game with a "good" file wiped whatever problem it had away. I'll leave this post for others who might have my problem--just fiddle around with your saves and hopefully fix itself.
08-10-2017, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017 08:48 PM by kokonoa.)
Hi new user here. So I have PPSSPP for my IPAD Air 2 (Ios 10.3 unjailbroken) and it works fine (Newest version default settings) but for some reason P3 just crashes it (Load game and then black screen followed by app crashing) I've tested a couple other games and none of them have this problem. I don't know if its just my ipad that doesn't like the game or theres a setting somewhere that refuses to let it load. (The rom is from emuparadise if that makes any difference). I'm just genuinely confused as to what could be causing this. Any help would be appreciated. Quick Edit: Changed the CPU from jit I think it's called and went IR interpreter. Game now loads perfectly fine but I seem to have this weird transition scene stuck for the conversation transitions. Edit 2: Transition bug went away and fixed itself (idk why) but there's an audio bug this time in that it's perfect when the cursor or 'map' is at the top of the screen. Any lower and it starts stuttering and slowing down. So far this is on all screens I've seen.
08-20-2018, 12:50 AM
I noticed the everytime Junpei and Akihiko are on my party the game crashes, it was fine the first time it happened since I just removed one of them. But now i'm currently stuck.

Can anyone help? I'm using ver. 1.6.3 for windows
06-28-2019, 09:38 PM
To download
04-14-2020, 02:57 PM
Hi guys! This is my first time using PPSSPP. So, after few days playing P3P, I've reached day 06/02, but I missed Theo's #56 request, which due date was set to day 05/31. Is there a cheat or something like that to do this quest again? Like a date change code. Also, sorry if this isn't the right place to post it and sorry for my bad english.
08-05-2020, 05:40 AM
So Hypnos, Moros, and Medea seem to be completely playable.

My personal gripe with the is that despite the fact that official portrait artwork for them exists IN THE GAME, they use Loki placeholder art.
Are there any codes that can locate specifically the Loki placeholder art? I already figured out how swap artwork within the files, and got Moros working because I really love his design and I want to use him for a run.
I am finally at the final step but reached this road block of not knowing where the heck the loki artwork is located. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it!!

Sidenote: no, swapping the regular loki artwork meant for the loki persona doesn't work Sad which proves that there is a second file of loki artwork specifically meant to be used as a placeholder.
08-09-2021, 06:44 PM
I've been getting an issue that I can't shuffle even tho I hit x