Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gripshift
03-15-2015, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2015 03:27 AM by rubixcube6.)
RE: Gripshift
(03-15-2015 12:23 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Are you sure you're using the latest git build? There's no such option.

But just to clarify, it sounds like forcing the game to write zeros to some buffer or another is causing it to work. This could mean we have incorrect behavior somewhere (e.g. some init function clearing a buffer or something) that mostly doesn't matter, but that this game accidentally depends on.

-[Unknown]

I mean start the game and from within the game go to its options and set the music volume to zero.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2015, 05:13 AM
Oh, in the game. Well, that's also interesting, but it probably makes it skip trying the play the music at all.

Can you post a log file from both:
1. Trying to play with the music on.
2. Trying to play with the music off.

Make sure to have debug information in there. I think buildbot builds include a "DebugLog.cmd" to generate a log file with everything. I'm mainly interested in seeing any sceSas or sceAtrac stuff, to see what it does differently when volume is 0.

-[Unknown]
03-15-2015, 08:29 PM
I went to the music options again turned up the volume and waited for the audio to glitch. Then when it glitched I got an error in the log that has to do with sceAtrac. That error never shows up if the music volume is zero. It glitches every time after the music says "gripshift back. whatcha gonna do" repeating the word "do" over and over.

So..
1. No music = no error messages ever
2. Music gets turned up, the error appears after a few seconds of playing.

After a lot of testing different scenarios, it looks like the background music of anything (Menus, tracks, mini games) causes the freezing if it is allowed to play until it glitches. from this point on, if the game tries to load anything at all it will freeze. setting the music to zero before it ever glitches prevents the error message and any problems from occurring. Unless of course the music is turned back up again.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-15-2015, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2015 10:22 PM by sum2012.)
Unlucky,this method don't work in Eur version
It will freeze when turn to music to zero
edit:Sometime work,Sometimes not work
(03-15-2015 03:14 AM)rubixcube6 Wrote:  
(03-15-2015 12:23 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Are you sure you're using the latest git build? There's no such option.

But just to clarify, it sounds like forcing the game to write zeros to some buffer or another is causing it to work. This could mean we have incorrect behavior somewhere (e.g. some init function clearing a buffer or something) that mostly doesn't matter, but that this game accidentally depends on.

-[Unknown]

I mean start the game and from within the game go to its options and set the music volume to zero.

I want to be a crash fixer
PM me if you want to me look a game
03-16-2015, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2015 02:29 AM by rubixcube6.)
(03-15-2015 10:14 PM)sum2012 Wrote:  Unlucky,this method don't work in Eur version
It will freeze when turn to music to zero
edit:Sometime work,Sometimes not work

It works only if you can make it to the sound options quick enough. If the music glitches then you have missed your chance. The first time you run it, it will freeze because you cant access the options until you've made a save file.

Step 1: Make a save file as quick as possible. Don't worry about customizing the character or vehicle. the game will freeze after you save.
Step 2: Close PPSSPP and restart it then load the game again. This time select "Continue Game" when you get the chance. Then get to that music volume option ASAP!
Step 3: Make a save state just to be safe. Or just play the game until it auto saves.

If you cant get to it quick enough, try using the attached save file. If you download it, let me know if it worked for you or not.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Gripshift_Anti_Glitch_Save_File.zip (Size: 245.14 KB / Downloads: 977)
07-25-2015, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2015 07:11 PM by awesomefriends56.)
Gripshift (USA)
Title: Gripshift
Genre: Action/Racing
Region: USA
Format: ISO
Version: v1.0.1
Game ID: ULUS10040
Compatibility: Menus
Notes: In the menus the game re-renders the bottom half of the screen's transparent images behind the top half and continues to do so (see screenshots). The game crashes after putting in a name under "new game" (tested multiple times with the log console and it got to the mode select screen but crashed afterward) and the emulator freezes. Audio also skips such as a CD with a scratch in it randomly.

Most recent log:
http://www.pastebin.com/tNdSqiDt

Edit: After a quick search I am aware that there's already a thread on the forums for this game, but this is to highlight an issue I'm having with the game itself, and it not being able to get out of the menus.
07-26-2015, 12:48 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-16-2018, 12:13 AM
Title Gripshift
Genre: Action/Racing
Region: EUROPE
Format: ISO
Game ID: ULES-00177
PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9150e 1.8GHz
GPU: RADEON HD5550 1GB VRAM GDDR3
RAM: 2GB DDR2

PPSSPP Version: ppsspp-v1.5.4-997-g3472d62ff
Config: Default, setting was not change

Problem
Game it's Playable and working with 30FPS 100%VPS but audio with hiccups, no crash, sorry i'm still new here and want to help and sorry for trouble, anyway game plays good on my end but playing without music and sound it's kinda creepy or not normal

P.S. Sorry for bad english it's not my native language