Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
History of PPSSPP
03-23-2014, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2014 02:43 AM by mckimiaklopa.)
History of PPSSPP
Because of boredom,i searched topics made before nov 2012 about psp emulation on android.Many have posted "it is impossible","itll only work on 2 ghz phones" etc..Ive also read topics made about 3 months after ppsspp's release.it had messages like "crisis core will never ever run on current hardware"
well,they were all wrong.
some topics are here

It was fun reading predictions made in the past.Many in the past claimed it'll be slow but today,hig-end hardware from 2011 and mid-range hardware from 2012 can practically run any psp game at decent speeds

It is very amazing to observe the full progress of ppsspp and I thank the devs for their hard work.Just for fun,I even installed every official version of ppsspp starting v0.3.It made me smile after seeing each bug get fixed in the next release abd it makes me jump in joy seeing how each release opens better speed.

PPSSPP has really come a long way and it looks as though that its pacing will never change.

Unfortunately,i don't know the full history of ppsspp.I was hoping someone could kindly post its wwhole history(like pcsx2).

I have even seen post claiming that ppsspp started in 2006.
again,thank you and kudos to the devs
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2014, 08:30 AM
RE: History of PPSSPP
I started messing around with PSP emulation in 2006 when the PSP was hacked, by adding a basic MIPS interpreter to my multisystem emulator DaSH (which was a basic GBA and DS emulator based on the pre-open-source Dolphin code base, which never went anywhere). Then I got tired of it and released it open source as "Potemkin", but stupidly did not set up a website or repo or anything so it was just forgotten in obscure corners of the web. JPCSP was growing quickly at the time and became the leading emulator. Then PCSP arrived (JPCSP ported to C/C++) and I assumed that it would become the leading emulator shortly. It didn't, though.

In 2012 I was wondering why nobody had still done a good PSP emulator in C++, and I realized that Android devices were now fast enough. So I picked up my old Potemkin source code (which was running Puzzle Bobble and not much else), cleaned out all the non-PSP junk, got it running on Android, pushed it to Github and set up the website + forums, and started developing actively again. The rest is history Smile
03-23-2014, 12:09 PM
By the way, PCSP has become PSPE4ALL. Here are their updates.

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Am i wrong or we put something into historia "crux"after someone dies?

My sausage is your sausage just ask for it .

SGS3 LTE Octa Core 4.4.3 32GB+64
03-23-2014, 03:14 PM
I did not understand anything in your sentence.

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Historia Crux? You mean this?

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Historia_Crux

Not sure what your point is...
03-23-2014, 09:12 PM
Yes it is realeted to FF series but i ment that we mostly pust important things into history when someone do/did a huge step for humanity was that PPSSPP?

Most likely that happens after "dat"person die . >.< sorry im a bit stoned Big Grin

My sausage is your sausage just ask for it .

SGS3 LTE Octa Core 4.4.3 32GB+64
03-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Well, history can be recent. Your web browser has a "history" function Smile