Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
best ios ppsspp settings
09-04-2013, 11:29 AM
best ios ppsspp settings
i have searched the forum and tested the link below but seems the settings are for windows/android. I have an ipad2 ios6.0 and all the games do not run smoothly i have also played around with the setting but cant find a suitable setting to run my games smoothly all help will be gladly appreciated even if i am a newbie.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5638
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 12:39 PM by riki2cool.)
RE: best ios ppsspp settings
Turn Hardware Transform and Vertex cache on and and make sure that buffered rendering is off.

Some games might require VC or HT off, or BR on, so make sure to play around with the settings.

Frameskipping can help, just make sure it's at an uneven number (1,3,5 etc) as the even numbers will usually cause flickering.

Make sure that Anti Aliasing and any form of Texture Scaling is off.
09-04-2013, 01:14 PM
(09-04-2013 12:38 PM)riki2cool Wrote:  Turn Hardware Transform and Vertex cache on and and make sure that buffered rendering is off.

Some games might require VC or HT off, or BR on, so make sure to play around with the settings.

Frameskipping can help, just make sure it's at an uneven number (1,3,5 etc) as the even numbers will usually cause flickering.

Make sure that Anti Aliasing and any form of Texture Scaling is off.

thanks will try it now
12-18-2013, 11:13 PM
The settings that I find work best for various jRPGs are:
Graphics:
Mode: Non-buffered rendering
Frameskipping: 1
Prevent FPS from exceeding ON
Alt. Speed: Unlim.
--
Hardware transform ON
Vertex cache ON
--
Timer hack ON
Disable alpha test ON
Disable stencil test ON
Always write depth ON
--
System:
Fast memory ON
Change CPU clock: 400
JIT ON

I was encountering a lot of stuttering and random breaks in the emulation and now those are gone almost completely. Sometimes the character sprites disappear and reappear randomly, but the emulation is a lot smoother and my crummy 3GS can get 60 FPS on most games if nothing else is running in the background.
07-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Here's my two cents:

Do not change to non-buffered rendering as this will force ppsspp to run at your devices native resolution, which on an iPad is inevitably far greater than the resolution of a PSP. Only use non-buffered rendering on older devices with lower resolution!

Have frameskipping on 1 with auto frameskip enabled (really helps with intensive games like metal gear solid, plays a little bit jerky at times but most definitely playable).

Ensure no post processing shaders are enabled as these are a huge resource drain. Also make sure neither stretch to display nor small display are ticked. Small display seems to make a slight difference but for me they tiny screen it leaves makes any game unplayable.

Rendering resolution should be 1x psp. Although the emulator can increase the resolution to make games sharper, just remember that 1x is what the games were designed for anyway! It seems this setting with stretch to display unticked gives full screen anyway, but ticking stretch to display makes the emulator slower (no idea why).

Make sure mipmapping, hardware transform, software skinning and vertex cache are all ticked. Spine/bezier curves quality should be low too. There are some options specifically for speedup purposes (they have speedup in brackets) but they tend to be a little glitchy so I leave them all unticked.

Upscale level should be off and deposterize unticked (only useful when upscaling to fix small graphical glitches).

Anisotropic filtering should be off and texture filtering set to auto. All hack settings should be left unticked because, although they do help slightly in terms of speed and frame rate, the trade off is just not worth the graphical glitches they cause. Leave software rendering unticked.

In the system settings, untick fast memory as this is very unstable and make sure both multithreaded and I/0 thread are ticked.

Under developer tools in system setting make sure dynarec (JIT) is ticked.

I have tested these settings on an iPad mini and an ipod touch 5 for good (but not always perfect) emulation on most games.
09-04-2014, 04:19 PM
If NBR causes it to run at your devices native reso, why is it labled as a speed back? Wouldn't it do the EXACT opposite considering the native reso is upwards of 4x that of the psp on some devices? Also running a higher reso would go hand in hand with better image quality yet speed hacks are designed to sacrifice image quality for performance. So what/which is it?
09-04-2014, 10:35 PM
It's a speed hack, because as the name implies, it prevents the game from using buffers when rendering (meaning a lot of special effects or post processing that the game does won't be drawn, ever, though some games will draw things regardless, it really just depends), causing the emulator not to have to process as much, so you gain a speed up. Also, I could be wrong, but a lot of mobile devices are pretty slow with dealing with framebuffers, so on those devices, it's faster to simply draw at native resolution.

[Unknown] or Henrik can elaborate more on that last part. Graphics aren't my area of expertise (though I'm trying to learn somewhat..).

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.