Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 3.92 Average
[Tutorial] How to use Hamachi
01-01-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: [Tutorial] How to use Hamachi
Major props to BigPieceMcGee for the guide. It was really detailed and easy to follow through. However, you should add the 25% alternative speed trick to the guide. Just a clarification though - both people should press the toggle speed button when it's loading the quest. At first, only I was pressing it when the quest was loading and always one of us would get dc'd. This way it works perfectly. The ping was low too, only 70 ms ( both of us live in greece and the distance between us is like a city away Tongue ). Here is the result of a test drive we did : a low rank guild rathalos in high rank gear Tongue ( don't judge us XD - we just wanted the quest to be quick ). I hope that in the future more than 2 players can join a quest. Both of us have never actually hunted with a 4 player group, so we are really excited now that online works.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 03:36 AM by BigPieceMcGee.)
(01-01-2014 12:05 PM)kram098 Wrote:  sooooo.... in the proadhoc line i put the ip adress of my internet (120.28.143.76) or ip adress of hamachi (25.34.....) ??

proadhoc - 120.28.143.76 (<--- this is correct right?)

+ the mac adress of mine is 01:02:03:04:05 and my friend is 02:33:33:33:33:44 (<---this is correct??)

+ what version of ppsspp is the best for this?? it can be the build or what??

==please help.. we try all the instructions in the forum but we fail
hope you understand TNX

or PLZZ send me your instructions what we gonna do with my friend... advance TNX for your answer Heart Heart Heart Blush

hey yeah that sounds about right. and the ip needs to be the hamachi ipv4 for both you and your party.

(01-01-2014 04:16 PM)EmperorDada Wrote:  Major props to BigPieceMcGee for the guide. It was really detailed and easy to follow through. However, you should add the 25% alternative speed trick to the guide. Just a clarification though - both people should press the toggle speed button when it's loading the quest. At first, only I was pressing it when the quest was loading and always one of us would get dc'd. This way it works perfectly. The ping was low too, only 70 ms ( both of us live in greece and the distance between us is like a city away Tongue ). Here is the result of a test drive we did : a low rank guild rathalos in high rank gear Tongue ( don't judge us XD - we just wanted the quest to be quick ). I hope that in the future more than 2 players can join a quest. Both of us have never actually hunted with a 4 player group, so we are really excited now that online works.

thanks for the props and im glad im helping. i might be adding some tutorials for android and PC together.

(01-01-2014 03:02 PM)dropthatout Wrote:  Hi,

i did all of these steps to play Shin Budokai 2 with my friend.

But wenn we go into the multiplayer Option ingame, it dont work. I cant select him as opponent and hes dont even shown to me. ADHOC server on both PC's is running. Both are in my hamachi network with my ID in the ppsspp.ini Confused

please help

what game are you playing?
and the server needs to be on only one pc
and the ip address is for the hamachi network that the server is on i.e if the server is on your computer your friend needs to put in the same ip as yours which could be found by right clicking your name in the hamachi widget and hit "copy ipv4"

also your friends MAC address needs to be different than yours( the line under the proadhoc line in the ini file).
01-02-2014, 12:03 PM
(12-31-2013 09:01 AM)Zimtallist Wrote:  
(12-31-2013 07:40 AM)Rangrot Wrote:  okay, so i tried this with God eater burst and my friend is able to join the lobby , but as soon as my game starts , on his end it shows that ppsspp has stopped working, already tried the 25% speed trick....with many variations but it just wont work. :/ .......any suggestions?

Some people in the main Ad-Hoc thread were saying that God Eater Burst just doesn't work yet for online. Not sure why, but you're not the only one having the issue.

ok then which game is working......iv tried worms open warfare 2 (recommend) but when my friend tries to join nothing happens Huh
all my ports are forwarded......i use hamachi with unique mac ad, still no good........do my friends have to forward there ports too?
01-10-2014, 02:37 AM
Registered to say thank you so much for the tutorial. Worked like a charm. My brother and I used to play FF Tactics together on the PSP all the time, but I moved away. Looking forward to being able to play together again.

Suggestion for the tutorial: On step 3 when it says to open the adhoc server, add a line in parentheses that it just has to be running, no setting up. That tripped me up for a bit.

For uniformity, I suggest add a dl link for Himachi onto the list of needs and/or add a link to the adhoc server on step 3.

Thanks again!
01-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Departure Problems :((
ok so like when we were in ad hoc mode with my brother, somehow after departing (even with the host, my brother, at 25% speed), the party is disbanded and we would do the mission by ourselves. Like we disband automatically after the loading screen, even though we're still in the same party as in the gathering hall. We tried adjusting our speed to match the same moment so that we could arrive at the map at the same time but still we automatically disband! Also something is bothering us while using the hamatchi because we were both in relayed tunnels or blue colored dots statuses, is that important also in this problem in the loading screen? Please helpppp usss Sad((
01-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-17-2014, 07:27 PM
My friend and I followed the tutorial exactly and now when we are in the gathering house we can see each other fine, but when we depart for a mission, one of us always ends up disbanding and we end up doing the mission solo. We are both greenlight on Hamachi and we have tried the 25% speed tricks. anyone else having this issue or know a work around or a fix for it?
01-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Has anyone already tried to play from Android with Hamachi please? If yes i would like to know how to, i tried it hard but never succeed.
02-02-2014, 09:28 PM
sorry for the disturb but can I play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with 4 Players?
02-02-2014, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2014 09:31 PM by vnctdj.)
As I have read on the forum, it should work Smile
But I haven't tested yet...

Feel free to test it yourself and post your results here if you want Wink

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-02-2014, 09:42 PM
(01-22-2014 10:52 AM)feeuzz Wrote:  Has anyone already tried to play from Android with Hamachi please? If yes i would like to know how to, i tried it hard but never succeed.

yes you can play with your PC and android just close the emu and open up your file manager on android and navigate to the ppsspp.ini and open with a text editor app and locate the localhost and replace it eith the IP of the server computer and is should work just fine.
02-03-2014, 08:31 PM
(02-02-2014 09:31 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  As I have read on the forum, it should work Smile
But I haven't tested yet...

Feel free to test it yourself and post your results here if you want Wink

did you answer my question or another question? XD
02-03-2014, 09:25 PM
I have answered to your question Wink
Anyway, I tried ^^

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-04-2014, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 08:08 PM by gmarcturus.)
Okay, I don't know what I am doing wrong but I followed every instruction to the letter and whenever I try to do Ad-Hoc multiplayer for Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions it causes whichever copy of ppsspp is trying to join the game to crash. The host seems to work fine but it's joining function that is crashing the game.

Edit: Okay I fixed the crashing issue by not running Ad-hoc pro server on both computers, but the copies of ppsspp still don't find each other in War of the Lions. Can someone please help me?
02-06-2014, 01:08 PM
(02-02-2014 09:42 PM)BigPieceMcGee Wrote:  
(01-22-2014 10:52 AM)feeuzz Wrote:  Has anyone already tried to play from Android with Hamachi please? If yes i would like to know how to, i tried it hard but never succeed.

yes you can play with your PC and android just close the emu and open up your file manager on android and navigate to the ppsspp.ini and open with a text editor app and locate the localhost and replace it eith the IP of the server computer and is should work just fine.

Thanks very much, but even that way, it doesn't seems to work. Do i have to download lastest emu or keep the "server" version? (http://www.mediafire.com/download/7mrc2f...erver.apk)