Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
Online Support (PRO Online)
11-23-2013, 07:20 PM
RE: Online Support (PRO Online)
(11-23-2013 07:12 PM)Archimedes Wrote:  Can some one post a link to a already built version of the emulator?
That really easy for you Tongue

Kyhel may i asking something Smile

should i really doing this step?
Quote:Let's talk about the server. Since i'm in a engineering school i can't configure the router, that we all (students) share, so uPnP is forbidden, and i don't even know how to put my computer in the DMZ, which is not a good idea anyway, but if you're interested, feel free to look at the proOnline Client tutorials around the web for the psp.

I don't really understand that part most (i kinda blurry in network stuff)
so i need configure my router?

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
Find all posts by this user
11-23-2013, 07:21 PM
@Archimedes : Why not just follow this thread : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5231 and my tutorial ? ^^ I could try to upload a version already built but i must do some cleanup in the code and find what files need to be added for it to work. (And with this open source stuff i may be obliged to upload the source code first, what i don't know how to do yet)

Kyhel,
French Student
Thanks to all PPSSPP team for this amazing emulator !

Experimental PPSSPP Adhoc Support build here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3595&pid=59241#pid59241
Please read the whole post.
11-23-2013, 07:23 PM
So to play locally i really need build a server?

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-23-2013, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 07:26 PM by Kyhel.)
(11-23-2013 07:20 PM)Ritori Wrote:  
(11-23-2013 07:12 PM)Archimedes Wrote:  Can some one post a link to a already built version of the emulator?
That really easy for you Tongue

Kyhel may i asking something Smile

should i really doing this step?
Quote:Let's talk about the server. Since i'm in a engineering school i can't configure the router, that we all (students) share, so uPnP is forbidden, and i don't even know how to put my computer in the DMZ, which is not a good idea anyway, but if you're interested, feel free to look at the proOnline Client tutorials around the web for the psp.

I don't really understand that part most (i kinda blurry in network stuff)
so i need configure my router?

It says that i can't try to connect and play with coldbird's server with my actual router configuration (and anyway the uPnP stuff is missing so it's not possible with PPSSPP at the moment, or only for people who know how it works. Like igorcalabria said : "Oh, and you can't really play with players outside your network, because the upnp stuff is still missing. Maybe you could see which ports are being used by the game and forward them manually on your router.")

Kyhel,
French Student

Experimental PPSSPP Adhoc Support build here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3595&pid=59241#pid59241
11-23-2013, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 07:27 PM by Archimedes.)
So let me understand this straight, you can't play with a player located in another country for example?
Can't we use something like tunngle or hamachi?
11-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Yeah to play locally you have to build a server, on linux or mac, i'll try to make a window version (which shouldn't be too complicated since there is not much code), but for the moment that's all i have.

Just to be clear, i posted all this to give hope and remind people that soon we'll be able to have all proOnline functionalities, but for the moment you can only play MHFU fully, with some restrictions on the local thing. (And also not to let this thread die, and make it visible so anyone who can, would try to help us Tongue)

Kyhel,
French Student

11-23-2013, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 07:33 PM by Ritori.)
(11-23-2013 07:26 PM)Kyhel Wrote:  It says that i can't try to connect and play with coldbird's server with my actual router configuration (and anyway the uPnP stuff is missing so it's not possible with PPSSPP at the moment, or only for people who know how it works. Like igorcalabria said : "Oh, and you can't really play with players outside your network, because the upnp stuff is still missing. Maybe you could see which ports are being used by the game and forward them manually on your router.")

I already read previous post Tongue I'm writing that stuff when you post that Big Grin

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-23-2013, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 07:38 PM by Kyhel.)
@Archimedes : Maybe, if you have something to make your computer think the other player is in the same lan as you are, but i don't know how to do this, maybe your hammachi things works, i don't know ^^' Feel free to try, i can't do all the job my myself Confused Maybe a VPN (check google) can work too, i really can't help you about that, i only wanted to have with PPSSPP the same local playing you have with JPCSP, and with a real adhoc PSP.

Oh and another thing, like i said in my post, you need to change the MAC address in the code directly for the moment, so even if i provide a build it won't be of any use to play with someone else locally since you have to use 2 different MAC address

Kyhel,
French Student

11-23-2013, 07:46 PM
That was a really lazy comment I did earlier. But even so the fact that the server can only run/ be built on a mac or linux keeps me at a halt. How much time do you think will take until we have a windows version?
11-23-2013, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 08:02 PM by Kyhel.)
Well i really don't know, i don't think anyone but me is working on it at the moment, i haven't even started trying to since i've never programmed on windows, i don't even know how to link a library, which is needed for the server (lsqlite3), i've only adapted the code with the help of google, the debug log and my brain (and visual studio 2010 pro). But if i'm motivated and it's easy to do you may have it tomorrow, but at least if i don't encounter any difficulty i'll try my best to get one for next weekend Smile

Kyhel,
French Student

11-23-2013, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 09:22 PM by captainobvious.)
@Kyhel: I am well aware it's only local, you were indeed very clear in your first post. It was more that I couldn't test if my own compiled version can even connect to the local server since I don't have the server itself Tongue. Take your time, you've already done a lot more than most people could have hoped for.
11-23-2013, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 10:11 PM by Kyhel.)
Well actually i just tested, it seems you can go into the proOnline gathering hall, but won't be able to launch quests (it'll drop the connection when launching it). If you (or anyone else) want to test if at least this part works, change your configuration file (the ppsspp.ini file, in the SYSTEM folder, in the PSP folder, along with the SAVEDATA folder) and set the line proAdhocServer to coldbird.uk.to (the proOnline server). I'm currently in the gathering hall, and you should see me, but WONT BE ABLE TO play. (And acutally, if you could do that it'ld help me figure out how to fix it, since i can't connect with 2 emulators on the online server (the way the server is coded prevents it). Big Grin

I'm in the first gathering hall

EDIT : i'm currently seeing a "Xan", but i can't yet see his character, just the pseudo

EDIT 2 : I can see his character Big Grin (Is that you captainobvious ? xD)

EDIT 3 : I just tried to get into a quest, and indeed it doesn't work, can't get to connect to the other player (i really don't understand what doesn't work since i can see him move in the gathering hall)

Kyhel,
French Student

11-23-2013, 10:45 PM
No, not having luck with monster hunter xD I'm however attempting other games to see if it does indeed work as well as it should!
11-24-2013, 12:30 AM
BTW why no mention of android? Or is pc first priority?

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-24-2013, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 01:28 AM by Kyhel.)
I only have a pc and a mac, so yeah i can't do anything for android ^^'

Plus, i only here tried to fix the work igorcalabria already did, and he did a lot, i won't implement what he didn't do, cause i don't have the knowledge for it.

Quick update, i tried porting the aemu code for windows, it compiles, gives me no errors, but when i launch it, it quits instantly. Since i really don't know how to programm on windows (i don't even know to see printf outputs), i give up i'm losing my time. The modifications i made on the code to make it build for windows are basically the same as i did for PPSSPP, so feel free to test it.

I did all this so people who really want to play MHFU and MH3rd HD with their friends or family can, since most of the job was already done. I don't have the knowledge to do more. These instructions were for people who are not afraid to get into the code, but just didn't know what to change to make it work, that's all. I can't provide a build out of the box like buildbot.orphis does.

Now i'm going to do exactly what i've said in the tutorial to make sure it works, and i'll wait for igorcalabria to improve and take into accounts the modifications i've made.

EDIT : In fact i just forgot to initiate the network library >< So know i got a server on windows, but when i connect my 2 emulators to it they can't see each other, dunno why yet.

Kyhel,
French Student

Thread Closed