Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP "Invalid address"
06-07-2013, 03:00 PM
PPSSPP "Invalid address"
Hello there!

I recently downloaded PPSSPP for my Acer Aspire 5755G laptop (just some info) and tried downloading Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy. It downloaded fine and I started playing it on my laptop. That was when I first encountered a couple of problems. First of all, it was really slow. Like REALLY slow, with only 1 or 2 frames a second, After that, I managed to get past the language selection screen and then it just stuck on the loading screen, which showed lucasflm and a bunch of other companies that made the game. I got the exact same .iso and tried playing it on my Android phone, which is a Google Nexus 4, which, for those of you who don't know, isn't some terrible backstreet phone. This is a 2GB 1.51 GHZ £280 beast of a phone. It ran perfectly on the phone, albeit slowly, but faster than before. I was able to play the game fine and dandy but honestly stopped after a bit due to the understandable lack of frames. I tried again on my computer, but this time nothing happened, it just stayed on a black screen, and it keeps doing that however many times I try. I checked the debug log console and it said, in yellow: (I'll post a picture below)

"NuSoundPSP_L W[MM]: MemmapFunctions.cpp:91 ReadFromHardware: Invalid addredd 00000000"

Now I know a little bit about computers, but not much, so I had no clue what was going on here. It was at this moment I decided to make a forum post about it. And it's not like the computer is that bad. It has 8GB of ram, Nvidia Geforce GT 540M notebook GPU, Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2GHZ turbo boost to 3.1. Not a bad laptop, eh?

So if anyone has any suggestions on what to do, please tell me. I haven't changed any of the settings apart from the controls but I still used my keyboard.

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: PPSSPP "Invalid address"
An invalid address means a bug in emulation, because if the game really did that it would crash on the actual PSP.

It could be doing this because there's savedata now.

Anyway, I'm not sure why it's so slow, but that laptop should definitely be able to run faster than 1-2 vps, so it's most likely a bug.

Is this with 0.7.6 release, or with a recent git build? If release, I recommend trying a git build.

-[Unknown]
06-07-2013, 04:20 PM
(06-07-2013 04:18 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  An invalid address means a bug in emulation, because if the game really did that it would crash on the actual PSP.

It could be doing this because there's savedata now.

Anyway, I'm not sure why it's so slow, but that laptop should definitely be able to run faster than 1-2 vps, so it's most likely a bug.

Is this with 0.7.6 release, or with a recent git build? If release, I recommend trying a git build.

-[Unknown]

It's the download for Windows from the official downloads page. Where would I find a git build?
06-07-2013, 04:25 PM
buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
06-07-2013, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 04:40 PM by Hordiyevych.)
(06-07-2013 04:25 PM)arg274 Wrote:  buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

I've tried the latest build, and it works now but it still goes at insanely slow speeds. I noticed it says Windows 32 bit but I have a 64 bit PC. Does that have anything to do with it maybe?

(06-07-2013 04:25 PM)arg274 Wrote:  buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

Plus it still stops at the logo. Maybe the game simply isn't supported? If so, that's fine, I
ll play some other games!
06-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Yeah, it sounds like the game doesn't work well yet. Apparently the sequel works (or was working):

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=354

-[Unknown]
06-07-2013, 06:00 PM
(06-07-2013 04:53 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Yeah, it sounds like the game doesn't work well yet. Apparently the sequel works (or was working):

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=354

-[Unknown]

Oh well, thanks a lot anyway! I got Need For Speed Undercover and that works perfectly (with a couple of frame drops every now and then). Do you have any general optimization tips for PPSSPP in general, for Windows and Android?
06-07-2013, 07:07 PM
On Windows, it should usually run well without drops. The default settings are generally pretty good. Texture Scaling may definitely cause frame drops, and you can reduce the resolution to see if it's just too hard on your GPU.

Enabling "Fast Memory (unstable)" will improve the speed, but may crash if something goes wrong in the emulation.

Specific to Android, you can try disabling Buffered Rendering. This will break some games, but it's typically more worth it on Android than Windows.

-[Unknown]
06-07-2013, 07:20 PM
(06-07-2013 07:07 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  On Windows, it should usually run well without drops. The default settings are generally pretty good. Texture Scaling may definitely cause frame drops, and you can reduce the resolution to see if it's just too hard on your GPU.

Enabling "Fast Memory (unstable)" will improve the speed, but may crash if something goes wrong in the emulation.

Specific to Android, you can try disabling Buffered Rendering. This will break some games, but it's typically more worth it on Android than Windows.

-[Unknown]
Ok, thanks a lot, you really helped me!

I'll have fun in the future with PPSSPP!SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile