Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Game roms?
01-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Game roms?
I just downloaded ppsspp, and as this is my first psp emulator, I have no clue how to get the needed roms for it. I have tried my usual rom sites but all the files are either .Zip or .Rar files, and I can't figure out how to change the file types. So, my question for all of you is this: where can I download roms that are. Iso or. Cso? Or if you know how to convert .Rar files over to .iso/.cso could you please tell me, i would appreciate it a lot. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
01-13-2013, 09:21 PM
RE: Game roms?
Are you serious about that? You dont know how to unpack a zip or rar file ?
Just google it and you will find how to do it.

Anyways you are not allowed to talk about piracy here, so dont download games, but buy them and rip them using your actual psp.
01-14-2013, 12:32 AM
(01-13-2013 09:21 PM)Apology11 Wrote:  Are you serious about that? You dont know how to unpack a zip or rar file ?
Just google it and you will find how to do it.

Anyways you are not allowed to talk about piracy here, so dont download games, but buy them and rip them using your actual psp.

+1 remember google its your friend
01-14-2013, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 02:46 AM by stodag.)
To unrar on your mobile, go to google play type rar download etc open/unrar the file.

Its like unpacking a closed file but you need the tool first which is rar, on windows its winrar simple Smile

If you have the file once unrared theres the iso.

Also if you have a pc transfer the rar file to you pc download winrar right click the rar file extract wait then your done.

Dont worry m8 we were all noobs once, some people, not mentioning anyone on here Smile think they were born with the knowledgeSmile we have to start somewhere.

Poor guy wants an Apology lol
01-14-2013, 03:45 AM
seriously, he should have asked where he have got his pirated game... since is a noob... he shouldn't do such a thing first ahah

we don't support pirating here so we don't help pirate Wink this is a logic fact ahah

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-14-2013, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 05:35 AM by Stang.)
Awight, you want it how it is? Fine, it ain't piracy when you have previously purchased the games you are downloading the roms for, naw, what is piracy is when some dip**** decides one day to brake into your house steal all your money, cell phone, computer, and your psp. Now that is piracy, but, yes, downloading game rom i have never purchased before is illegal. And it isn't unpaking the files thats the problem, the problem is converting the files over to. Iso/.cso files so that they are compatable with the ppsspp software. I have tried Google but so far all i have gottten are three viruses and a bunch of garbage. Oh yeah, and one more thing, @cloud1250000... learn how to use English properly, you message gave me a headache.

Sorry about that last bit, I meant to delet it, not post it. My on-screen keyboard disappeared so instead of hitting backspace, I hit post thread. And your message didn't really give me a headache... i have no clue why I said that.
01-14-2013, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 05:44 AM by cloud1250000.)
ahah sorry for my poor english skill Tongue

but you don't have the right to download a game even if you have purchased it Wink the only right you have is to make your own backup... sorry -,-'

just sayin', you don't convert to iso/cso/bin/img/..., these format are pure copy of your original cd/dvd/umd and they are called "image" file. They are not specific to ppsspp Wink. If the file you have got when you've extracted the rar isn't an iso/cso, then it's probably not a psp game...

edit: ahah no prob Wink I'm probably rude too... but I don't mean it... Tongue

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Computer--
01-14-2013, 05:53 AM
Well if all I can do to get my games back is make a copie of my UMD's then i am totally screwed, because all my games and stuff got stolen and with it, my PlayStation network account, wich is no longer under my contro so I can't really download my games again. But thanks all of you for your suggestions.
01-14-2013, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 01:52 PM by stodag.)
This is a very grey area but i think its legal to download as long as you have a original copy, emus should be ilegal as your duplicating a system without sny given rights.Smile hm Not sure though, thats why its a grey area.

You can download, google is your friend, ya cant ask for links m8.

I guarentee most people on this site including myself have downloaded their isosSmile

I have 16 iso abd dumped 6 of themSmile
01-14-2013, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 05:32 PM by cloud1250000.)
emu are not illegal ahah. They doesn't even duplicate the system -,-' The reason why emulator aren't illegal is that they don't even use any proprietary code from the constructor. That way, sony can't say anything since the emulator isn't even using there code Wink

but ahah I think there's a small part of the emulator in the "grey" zone like you said, and it's the kirk engine Wink

--Current Computer--
01-14-2013, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 05:15 PM by stodag.)
maybe, you may know more than me about emus m8, but isos are legal as long as you got the original game Smile

Problem is, how would thet know? Smile
01-14-2013, 05:31 PM
yes isos are legal ahah -,-'
but you need to make your own isos to stay in a legal state ><

--Current Computer--
01-14-2013, 08:56 PM
I thought it was legal to download them....... o well Smile
Thread Closed