Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hopefully a not too stupid question
05-03-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: Hopefully a not too stupid question
Maybe it's because I'm on Windows 7 starter or something Undecided

I've got two prehistoric laptops hanging about somewhere in my house who are nearly extinct, but both are running Windows XP ( I think service pack 2 - I'll update), I'll go and try it on them I think and see what happens and will report back tomorrow. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 01:46 AM
(05-03-2013 09:27 PM)Dwightyone Wrote:  Maybe it's because I'm on Windows 7 starter or something Undecided

I've got two prehistoric laptops hanging about somewhere in my house who are nearly extinct, but both are running Windows XP ( I think service pack 2 - I'll update), I'll go and try it on them I think and see what happens and will report back tomorrow. Smile
find an opengl viewer on net,that may help a bit,ppsspp also doesn'nt work on my laptop since it use worse opengl.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2013, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 07:54 PM by Dwightyone.)
I think I know the problem on my laptop. I don't think Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 supports opengl 2.0 and there are no official opengl 2.0 drivers for it. Apparently there is an unofficial workaround for it, which I'm going to try tomorrow. Smile
05-05-2013, 12:48 AM
(05-04-2013 07:49 PM)Dwightyone Wrote:  I think I know the problem on my laptop. I don't think Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 supports opengl 2.0 and there are no official opengl 2.0 drivers for it. Apparently there is an unofficial workaround for it, which I'm going to try tomorrow. Smile

if you get it to work,please pm me the link or website.if it work for me,1 reputation for youWink.i'm used intel media accelarator 3150 too,the opengl is suck.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core

05-05-2013, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 10:27 PM by Dwightyone.)
It seems it can't be done, I've just tried, and I tried really hard! Undecided

My friend on another forum thought he knew a way and then told me to do this, then do that, download this, download that, try this, try that and so on...
We've tried for nearly five hours and we still can't get it to work. My life is now minus five hours and now I'm knackered in the brain! I go to extreme lengths just to play PSP Jak & Daxter. Blush

No PPSSPP on Windows for us. Sad
05-06-2013, 04:03 AM
Dwightyone, may I ask your full specs?
05-06-2013, 04:50 AM
i too been a lot of searching lately,i got sherry 1.3 driver modded intel gma 3150,but it seem there's no different,the update driver 1.3.1 should have the opengl necessary to run ppsspp,unfortunately they doesn't release for intel gma 3150(even though they said they will do it for intel gma 3150,the dev who work at this might be busy since there's no update and he last active on 2012),yeah there's no ppsspp for us in window(it seem the direct backend will take years i think.)T-T

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core

05-06-2013, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 02:02 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
I used to own a laptop with X3100 and it has OGL 2.0 support (not natively), why 3150 wouldn't (they are pretty like the same thing downsized and underclocked)? People at Intel make no sense sometimes. But even if somebody makes a D3D backend for PPSSPP, setups that come with 3150 are always only on Atom D4xx, Atom D5xx, Atom N4xx and Atom N5xx which all of them are really slow for PPSSPP and here comes my previous point about that people having such old setup that doesn't support OpenGL 2.0 there's a propability 99% that a D3D backend won't make PPSSPP playable on their setups. Even the fastest of the Intel chipsets that have no OGL 2.0 support (which are those Atom ones I listed) are already way too slow for emulation, unless you want to play 3-4 specific games.
05-06-2013, 05:34 PM
HP Mini 210 Netbook
Windows 7 Starter 32bit
Intel Atom N450
Intel GMA 3150
2GB RAM DDR2

I'd be happy just to get some of the PSP retro emulators/homebrew to run from the homebrew emulator thread, I'll be getting a better device for PPSSPP PSP games in the future. I have an Xperia Play in the meantime, but even this is getting on a bit now.
05-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Running 2 layers of amulation is even worse, especialy for such setups. You can always also use the Win counterparts of the PSP ports of the emulators. Why bother with 2 layers of Emulation when a native Windows emulator can offer better graphics, performance, acuracy and everything?
05-07-2013, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 08:25 AM by Dwightyone.)
Initially I couldn't get some homebrew/emulators to run on Android PPSSPP but they would run on other peoples Windows PPSSPP, I wanted to run PPSSPP on Windows to see for myself/test if the problem was my homebrew or PPSSPP etc...

But when I tried PPSSPP on Windows it wouldn't work and now i realize it is due to lack of opengl 2.0 (I think) on my computer, and with Android, the problem was the signed homebrew/emulators not running on Android PPSSPP because they were signed, and if it wasn't that, there was another problem which was then specifically fixed in a PPSSPP revision to help homebrew run.

But now we know the problem for Android, some of the emulators within an emulator, and homebrew, work very well.
05-07-2013, 01:54 PM
I got an intel GMA4500 and ppsspp works on it (It didn't before 0.7.5), although it does not work if buffered rendering is on.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..