Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Ridge Racer 2
04-21-2013, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 10:51 PM by sfageas.)
Ridge Racer 2
[Image: ridgecover.jpg]
Title : Ridge Racer 2
Genre : Racing
Region : EU
Format : ISO
Version : v0.7.5-388-g48f93c5
Game ID : UCES00422
Compatibility : Playable
Notes : Black mirror - Some minor texture flickering on the upper left off the screen with buffered rendering On - when BR is off there is no flickering but a brighter sky and some rare flickering to black screen for a millisecond Music starts and cut off quick - In image 4 i stopped running because i have noticed blue textures at the right side off the screen

Images

[Image: ridge21.jpg]
[Image: ridge22.jpg]
[Image: ridge23.jpg]
[Image: ridge210.jpg]
[Image: ridge24.jpg]
[Image: ridge25.jpg]
[Image: ridge26.jpg]
[Image: ridge27.jpg]
[Image: ridge28.jpg]
[Image: ridge29.jpg]

Videos

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: Ridge Racer 2
An exceptional and remarkable thread! Thank you Sfageas for creating a new topic. This is one of the very first games released on the original PSP, and deserves your love and respect. In my opinion it is THE most iconic Ridge Racer game in the franchise history, simply because it's thr first one that encompasses nearly ALL of the tracks from all the games prior to RR6, and introduces nitrous. Some die hard RR fans scoffed at the addition of nitrous, as did I at first, but after playing the game there is a certain strategy involved in getting around the track as quickly as possible when using smartly.

Anyway, the emulation of RR 2 PSP is a major BLESSING!!!! It allows us RR fans to enjoy this great game on our big screen TVs using other controllers!!!!! How cool is that?

However, I am very much hoping the developers of ppsspp will incorporate the option of allowing users to remap our buttons in both Xinput and DirectInput mode, as well as allow us to use all of our USB devices at once. Why do I mention this? Reason being, I have a steering wheel, pedals and stick shifter connected to my PC. But they are all *SEPARATE* USB devices. I would like to be able to use all three devices on the PPSSPP emu and have Ridge Racer 2 acknowledge them accordingly.

Please support this option devs, and keep up the great work! Smile
04-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Well the one that you should thank isn't here,i only added some mine images and the cached images & videos,i could add some more stuff as a tribute but i didn't want to make the thread heavy.Yes RR2 deserves all the praise and your notes are good & to the point Smile
04-22-2013, 09:37 PM
(04-22-2013 08:29 PM)sfageas Wrote:  Well the one that you should thank isn't here,i only added some mine images and the cached images & videos,i could add some more stuff as a tribute but i didn't want to make the thread heavy.Yes RR2 deserves all the praise and your notes are good & to the point Smile

Haha thanks sfa! OK guys I just tried the latest development build. The game runs very VERY well!!! Rock solid 60fps on my Windows 7 machine. Textures and picture quality are great, except for the shimmering or whatever you wanna call it on the left part of the screen. Biggest distraction for me personally though, is the object through the surface glitch, that shows cars and trees through the track and some mountains and buildings. Once this and the funky shimmering issues are resolved we will be GOLDEN! Rear view mirror is of course still black but for me It's not that big of a deal.

Anyway I have a quick question sfageas....it appears you can now remap keyboard keys! AWESOME! Smile However, I am wondering, when you set the emu to "xinput" mode, what are the default layout xbox 360 buttons? What corresponds with analog left and right? Can those be remapped as well? Please let me know.
04-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Xinput has a fixed mapping currently. Start = start, A=X B=Circle Y=Triangle X=Square etc, it's mapped exactly as the PSP.
04-22-2013, 09:48 PM
personal i use motioninjoy becauce i have ps3 controller,its plug & play thing and i can emulate a 360 controller
04-22-2013, 10:05 PM
You guys are awesome! Thanks for the replies. Yes you are correct, it's fixed mapping for xinput. But you know what? That's OK because keyboard and xinput can work TOGETHER in the game! That means I can use my custom xinput.dll file written by Racer_S *only* for analog steering via my ECCI 7000 ffb steering wheel, and then use J2Key or Xpadder for my pedals and stick shifter!!!!!! That's GNARLY DUDE!!!!!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

[Image: gnarly.jpg]
04-22-2013, 10:09 PM
ah yes i forgot joy2key,guessing that your steering wheel is back to life? Big Grin
04-22-2013, 10:15 PM
(04-22-2013 10:09 PM)sfageas Wrote:  ah yes i forgot joy2key,guessing that your steering wheel is back to life? Big Grin

Yes absolutely Smile In case you're wondering, this is the wheel I'm using...

[Image: 7000clamp24sm.jpg]

[Image: CCI-Trackstar-7000-I2-e1352619854619.jpeg]

My bro Racer_S created a custom version of the x360ce app that allows my wheel to have center steering resistance in ANY xinput supported game, whether it has ffb or not. That way, my wheel doesn't feel all loose and flimsy. It's pretty rad. Smile

If only Namco had made this Ridge Racer game work with REAL force feedback, it would been sooo much better Sad Sad Sad
04-22-2013, 10:18 PM
thats an awesome wheel i must admit!well namco didn't predict emulators Big Grin
04-22-2013, 10:22 PM
(04-22-2013 10:18 PM)sfageas Wrote:  thats an awesome wheel i must admit!well namco didn't predict emulators Big Grin

Thanks! Yes that is true they didn't lol.
04-23-2013, 09:22 AM
(04-22-2013 09:37 PM)isamu Wrote:  Anyway I have a quick question sfageas....it appears you can now remap keyboard keys! AWESOME! Smile However, I am wondering, when you set the emu to "xinput" mode, what are the default layout xbox 360 buttons? What corresponds with analog left and right? Can those be remapped as well? Please let me know.

I find a way to remap the buttons of a pad here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=2844 Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-23-2013, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 10:06 AM by Razorback.)
Should they resolved the minor graphical glitches, I could finally ever forget the existence of those pile of shit (the highly incompetent) Bugbear & $camco have gave us recently.

....As well as the other one with ultra DLC-scamming strategy to satisfy $camco's own DLC-scamming fetish.
04-23-2013, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 06:01 PM by Rishiraj.)
Game Version :Ridge Racer 2 Demo (EU)

Compatibility : Playable

Tested on Ppsspp Android svn v0.7.6-60-gf189d11 (Orphis Build)

Settings: Jit Dynarec-On
True Colour-On
Use Media Engine-On
Fastmem-On
Frameskip(Beta)-On

Ingame Fps:55-60fps Big Grin

Notes:Almost same issues as mentioned above by "sfagaes" expect for the part that i'm testing it in the android version.No sound but Speed has been drastically improved Smile
Edit: tested using latest beta.Its full speed ingame. Finally on a single core phone Big Grin Attachment updated .See below Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

My Device:
Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray ST18i
Super Jellybean 4.0 (Android 4.1.2)
Fusion Kernel v5.4
1.4 Ghz Arm V7 cpu
512mb Ram
Adreno 205 Gpu

Apple Ipod Touch 4G
Ios 6.1.3

Laptop:
Intel core i5 3210m @3ghz
8gb DDR3 1600mhz RAm
Nvidia GT650m @gb GDRR3 OCed
1600x900 Hd Resolution
04-23-2013, 02:17 PM
i have seen again these black vertical lines without buffered rendering in gungnir