Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Resolved] Windows8 32bit error msvcr120.dll
02-15-2014, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2014 05:09 PM by [Unknown].)
RE: Windows8 32bit error msvcr120.dll
ittiphol: this is not a problem in the emulator.

Your screenshot (http://forums.ppsspp.org/attachment.php?aid=10651) shows extremely clearly that you have a file in this directory:

D:\My Documents\Desktop\ppsspp97\

The file is named MSVCR120.dll. It is a broken file. It did NOT COME WITH PPSSPP. If you did not download this file and place it there, I strongly suggest you immediately run virus scanning software on your computer and possibly contract a consultant, because that file should not have been created by itself and should not have come with PPSSPP.

If it did come with PPSSPP, please tell me where you downloaded it. You may have been tricked into downloading an unsafe version of the emulator from a third party.

In any case, you should DEFINITELY delete this file. It is a bad file one way or another. Microsoft's installer will not place a file there. Only use Microsoft's installer.

GuenosNoLife: you have a file in the wrong place. You may have a file in the directory of PPSSPP, like ittiphol, that is being loaded instead of the system file. In your case, the file is from the wrong platform - pretty sure that's what Windows system error code 0xc000007b means.

I should mention that none of the errors mentioned in this topic are coming from PPSSPP. They are coming from your operating system. It's either unable to find Microsoft's new runtime, or finding files that are invalid / broken / not meant for your version of Windows.

Edit: for your convenience, I've duplicated the binary release files here, in case you are downloading them from an external source for some reason:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/releases/tag/v0.9.7

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows8 32bit error msvcr120.dll - [Unknown] - 02-15-2014 04:58 PM