The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Poll: How would you take it if PPSSPP were able to add an achievement system?
That would be a great idea!
No, achievements ruin games!
I don't really care.
Trophies are way better than achievements!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Achievement System Idea
01-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Achievement System Idea
Hello great coders of the emulator world, I come from a community project called RetroAchievements which add an achievement system to older games using their RAM addresses to award the achievements based on set requirements. It is all held in a .dll file, and requires a little recoding of the emulator itself, but nothing as big as an entire rewrite. I have taken a look at the PPSSPP emulator and it is definitely a really good idea for our achievements to be added to your emulator to add some completionist fun to the PSP library. The toolset that is placed in the emulator can also create leaderboards for some high-scoring fun.

This is an excellent time to take a look at the RA toolset as it seems that your emulator is almost at an official 1.0 release! Especially as you already have a memory viewer in the emulator on its own, which the RA toolset can piggyback off of, which was proven when we used FCeux for the NES emulation. Our current licensing is under the GPLv3.0.

Currently, the in-game overlay for the toolset uses the old DirectDraw to render the images, but I am currently working on OpenGL support for the in-game overlay now. The toolset will still use DirectDraw as once we get our feet off the ground, only developers will get to use it to prevent trolls from ruining the project. Hopefully, you guys love the trophy system on PS3 and PSV, and I look forward to working on the PPSSPP to provide the great games of the PSP library with their own support of trophies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Achievement System Idea - dude1286 - 01-08-2014 05:18 PM
RE: Achievement System Idea - thedarkgod - 01-08-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: Achievement System Idea - Henrik - 01-09-2014, 10:44 AM
RE: Achievement System Idea - dude1286 - 01-09-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: Achievement System Idea - thedarkgod - 01-10-2014, 06:32 AM
RE: Achievement System Idea - dude1286 - 01-10-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Achievement System Idea - rubejb - 02-10-2021, 12:05 PM
RE: Achievement System Idea - saulovyny - 10-21-2021, 09:25 PM
RE: Achievement System Idea - evawillms - 12-06-2023, 12:54 AM