Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
11-10-2015, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 01:43 AM by Shinoda.)
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
(11-09-2015 06:56 AM)feyr666 Wrote:  Hi! A friend an I have been having this issue trying to play Dissidia 012. We've tried using both 1.1.1 standard, and AdamN's 1.1.1-222 build. Sometimes I have trouble seeing him, other times, we challenge each other to a match, and we get a white screen instead of character select (music still playing).

We have tried using both coldbird.net and livepsp.net to connect, both result in roughly the same. We've tried enabling/disabling multithreaded, changing mac addresses, trying both the 32-bit and 64-bit clients. Neither one of us can figure out why it keeps locing up on us. Can you please help?

Have whoever is challenging set-up DMZ to their PCs on their router. Not exactly a safe thing to do from a security perspective but that will solve your problem.

Alternativly, use Hamachi, make a room so you both VPN to eachother and have one of you check the "Enable Pro Ad-Hoc Server" in the network settings, connecting to him through the IP that Hamachi gives you.

If DMZ and VPN are just random letters to you, look up the pinned thread in the "Ad-Hoc Multiplayer" section of the forums for a guide to set up Hamachi. (Ignoring the downlod for Pro Ad-Hoc Server now that it's built in with a simple checkmark and entering the IP being possible from within the emulator itself as well). Just make sure to both be running the same version of the emulator and build (32 or 64bit)

And if you still don't get it, sorry man, can't help you. That's why I mentioned what I did at the end of my last post.

(11-02-2015 11:30 PM)AdamN Wrote:  In Group Battle this is what the game did:

* Host (who create a room) will broadcast UDP data to everyone in the same Group on AdhocServer (usually everyone playing the same game) using port 1 every few seconds.

* Client (who scan for rooms) will bind to port 1 and when receiving the broadcasted data from Host will show a room in the screen.

* When Host started the battle, Host will delete the room and bind to port 1,2,3 (UDP) and 4 (TCP) and Clients will automatically try to connect to these ports on Host (when client detects that the battle has been started) and communicate for the rest of the battle using these ports.
If one of the client failed to connect to these ports on Host the rest of the players will stuck unable to start the battle.
(11-03-2015 04:08 AM)AdamN Wrote:  And i was mistaken the port Dissidia 012 using is port 100-103 instead of 1-4 Big Grin 1-4 is the socket id

I just had an idea about that but it might be one hell of a stretch...

Would it be possible with someone that has programming knowledge to do some rom-hacky stuff into the ISO and change how all of that works? Make it so the Pro Ad-Hoc server STAYS server for everything? Let IT handle server-related stuff? Since, from the looks of it, and the looks of the testing i've done on my end, when there's say, a 1 on 1 battle, the Pro Ad-Hoc server hosts the rooms but once a battle is initiated, the challenger becomes "Server". The reason challengers have to DMZ on their router if they aren't using a VPN with all ports opened. Probably would also fix the group battle system as well.

I know this would be a massive undertaking but it would make things much easier for everyone else afterwards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - Shinoda - 11-10-2015 12:58 AM
Dissidia 012 Support? - xokrath - 01-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Duodecim lobby problems - Scrawny - 08-21-2014, 12:18 PM
Dissidia Duodecim 012 - Esperstarr - 10-31-2014, 03:47 AM
Dissidia 012 online - 12771a - 04-04-2015, 01:41 AM