Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
11-02-2015, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 02:13 AM by AdamN.)
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
(11-02-2015 07:40 PM)Shinoda Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 03:53 PM)AdamN Wrote:  The previous builds didn't even works with 3 players, but my last builds should works, not sure about 5v5 i only tested it on Group Battle using Tournaments mode.

First of all, What's up. I'm one of the guys from that group who wants Group Battles up and running.

We were able to get 3 people (Including person creating the room) in group battle with the 1.1.0 official release last Friday. Nothing more though. It was finicky but it did work. The limitations appeared to be that whoever hosts the PRO Ad-Hoc Server has to be the one who creates the Group Battle room. That was useful since the host was spectating and streaming on the matches on Twitch. I tried this new build you just put up on my own through localhost (actually 127.0.0.1 if you wanna be picky about it) and wasn't able to even do what we were doing last friday, let alone get 5 emus (including host) in. As soon as I would hit "Start Group Battle" with the host it would say dropped because of connection error.

I did a bit of traffic monitoring before while doing normal 1v1s through the lobby but have yet to try it with group battles... the emulator seems to be all over the place when it comes to ports it uses. Is it me or does it use UDP to connect to the host and then randomly assign a random TCP port between the 2 players when they initiate a match? It's been a while but I remember something ridiculous like that. Might be affecting how the Group Battles operates? Just throwing an idea out there. You probably know way more than I do already about the networking process behind the Ad-Hoc Server. Just a network security student here. I have yet to have full experience of the stuff.

Also, personal request while I'm here... Would be nice to have a way to connect to people without using a VPN or using DMZ... I know it's kind of a pipedream but it's would make things much easier for people who don't know crap about VPNs or worries about vulnerabilities of using something like Hamachi. Maybe a built in Tunneling thing? I don't know... I'm no programmer. I just would love to have the ability to connect to one main server somewhere and connect to people that way. Hell, if it was possible without messing with VPNs and such, i'd pay for a central server to run the basics for all of us. like Coldbird but without the need for people to know how to DMZ (And considering we're talking emulator here and not actual PSP, DMZing your main computer is a bad idea in general).
In Group Battle this is what the game did:

* Host (who create a room) will broadcast UDP data to everyone in the same Group on AdhocServer (usually everyone playing the same game) using port 1 every few seconds.

* Client (who scan for rooms) will bind to port 1 and when receiving the broadcasted data from Host will show a room in the screen.

* When Host started the battle, Host will delete the room and bind to port 1,2,3 (UDP) and 4 (TCP) and Clients will automatically try to connect to these ports on Host (when client detects that the battle has been started) and communicate for the rest of the battle using these ports.
If one of the client failed to connect to these ports on Host the rest of the players will stuck unable to start the battle.

You can try to open the console log to see what happening at the time it stuck/having connection issue.

If you're still having issue with 3/4 players, the only conclusion i can made is that there might be a possibility for a client to get kicked out (when the room gets deleted) before getting the information from Host that the battle has been started, thus making the client think it's just simply kicked out of the room and didn't try to connect to port 1-4 (may be related to packet loss on UDP)

About tunneling to a server, isn't it the same way what hamachi did? Smile and tunneling to a remote server will only increase the latency isn't? and not many games works with high latency (afterall adhoc games was designed for LAN)
Anyway, the old adhoc code seems to contains a plan to implement UPNP for automatic port forwarding, but not sure who understand how to implement this, especially since we need to make it cross-platform.

Edit: I tried to test it with 6 players and it seems 3 of them getting blank screen Sad
One of the client who gets blank screen seems to try executing an invalid opcode (0x05050505) which i think that number is a mac address instead of opcode, i guess there is another issue with the callback to be fix.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - AdamN - 11-02-2015 11:30 PM
Dissidia 012 Support? - xokrath - 01-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Duodecim lobby problems - Scrawny - 08-21-2014, 12:18 PM
Dissidia Duodecim 012 - Esperstarr - 10-31-2014, 03:47 AM
Dissidia 012 online - 12771a - 04-04-2015, 01:41 AM