Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
10-29-2015, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2015 02:13 AM by AdamN.)
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
(10-28-2015 08:30 PM)Sys-XN Wrote:  (THIS IS HAMACHI-RELATED.)

Hello, this is Sys, posting from another forum (DissidiaForums). I am posting today about some Networking problems involving Hamachi and PPSSPP that I have encountered with several of my online buddies over the course of a few days. If anyone else has encountered the same following issues as I have before, please chime in so we can resolve this together.

What I was trying to do over the last few days was basically to try to conduct a Group Battle in Duodecim 012 with more than 3 people. However, we have had very limited success with this because whenever one of us hosted a room with 3+ people, the farthest we've gone was the "Preparing for Online Battle..." screen and nothing more than that (Not counting that one exception where we were ACTUALLY able to get 3 different people to participate in a match, one of them being a spectator). Here are our PPSSPP Networking Settings:

Enable networking/WLAN = ENABLED
Change PRO ad hoc server IP address = one of our IPs in our party (we tried Coldbird but no one wanted to try DMZ-ing)
Enable built-in PRO ad hoc server = DISABLED
Change MAC address = UNCHANGED

Various errors encountered:

- Socket error when connecting to XX.X.XXX.XXX IP address
- Packet loss
- frame-by-frame lag in the miracle that 4 of us are able to proceed to the "Prepare for Online Battle" screen at once, cannot proceed to Party A/Party B screen

It is very frustrating that these redundant Networking problems are occurring with PPSSPP and Hamachi in the first place, and so, here's what we tried so far:

- hosting with several different IP addresses amongst our group (everyone left the Networking settings unchanged, making sure they're all the same otherwise)
- getting the host to enable "Enable built-in PRO ad hoc server" while everyone else disables this option

(Obviously, none of the above got us to play even a single match in a party of more than 3+ people)

I've started reading today about the implications of TCP and UPnP in the "Status Update on Coldbird / PRO Online" thread on coldbird.net. Have no idea how any of this connects to this issue since I have close-to-zero technical networking knowledge, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Page 5 forum(dot)coldbird(dot)net/viewtopic(dot)php(questionmark)f=23&t=1067&start=40
Page 6 forum(dot)coldbird(dot)net/viewtopic(dot)php(questionmark)f=23&t=1067&start=50

------

QUICK-NOTE: We all otherwise have no problems playing 1v1 matches. They play perfectly with very few random crashes.

Try using this Win32 build https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdgwhfnwt8fuu3...s.zip?dl=0
(based on http://github.com/ANR2MERefork/ppsspp with a fix to some of the crash issue, but there is still one crash issue remaining)

PS: There seems to be a crash issue at Jit.cpp (at line: ((void (*)())enterDispatcher)(); ) when i started the multiplayer battle with 4 players (running 4 instances of the attached PPSSPP on the same computer), 2 of the players always crashed at the same location, while the other 2 are okay.

Edit: There is also an issue where Adhoc MatchingHandler MipsCall/Callback failed to return within 250ms while it usually only takes a few milliseconds making the game stuck unable to communicate properly, could be a race-condition occurred.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - AdamN - 10-29-2015 06:42 PM
Dissidia 012 Support? - xokrath - 01-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Duodecim lobby problems - Scrawny - 08-21-2014, 12:18 PM
Dissidia Duodecim 012 - Esperstarr - 10-31-2014, 03:47 AM
Dissidia 012 online - 12771a - 04-04-2015, 01:41 AM