The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A question regarding internal resolution.
10-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Photo A question regarding internal resolution.
I know that there will be an option to change internal resolution in 0.9.5, I've been waiting for this feature and it is currently available in nightly builds. The question is: Why it doesn't affect performance? (as it should)

There is a speed-up in Windows only when using 1x window size, in 2x window size no matter what internal resolution is used -1x or 2x (480*272 or 960*544) the performance result is the same (so it is much slower than 1x window size), as if the internal resolution simply resizes with the window.

The same goes for Android, it doesn't matter which rendering mode: buffered or non-buffered, the internal resolution resizes.
My phone's resolution is 800*480, and for example in Tekken 5, I get the same 20 fps both at 1x and 2x internal resolution. Shouldn't I get at least some fps more at 1x (480"272)?
The interesting fact is that, in buffered rendering mode, when going from 2x to 1x, the picture becomes less clear and more pixelated, so I see that resolution changes, but with no performance improvement at all.

Samsung Captivate, Android 2.3.5 SAUROM, Corn Kernel v701
Fly Evo Chic 3, Android 4.4.2 Stock, improved stock kernel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A question regarding internal resolution. - vitality19 - 10-28-2013 07:57 PM